Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Very good Quarq news! [Watt Matters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just realized the error in my post. Your right, you would have to measure each crank arm. The spider is measuing the net torque and I didn't realize that.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [Rob@Quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was great news!!! What other goodies are hidden in my new quarqs?
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [@Dynomitedad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just updated my Quarq Riken via my galaxy S4. I couldn't believe updating could be that easy!

Great update!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not a techie, but does this mean I cannot add this to my Garmin 500?

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hijacking a bit this thread but I do have a Wahoo firness key for iPhone if you are searching one (just don't need it anymore since I'm now with Samsung).

Great news!

-D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rob@Quarq wrote:
Qalvin for IOS requires a Wahoo Fitness Key. As this is a 30 pin device and the Iphone 5 / 5S uses the new Lightning plug, you would need an Apple Lightning to 30 pin adapter as well. We now also have Qalvin for MAC and PC available and both use a common USB ANT+ Stick.
Qalvin is now designed for most common devices but these still require the ability to send and receive ANT+ signal.

Rob
Quarq Tech Service

Any set of directions for updating via a Windows -based PC with an ANT+ stick?
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a very complete overview of using Qalvin on all devices as well as the download links at http://www.Quarq.com/Qalvin. Once you have connected to the Quarq with Qalvin, there is a button labeled "Firmware". From here you can just follow the instructions on screen to find the latest version and update. After updating, you will likely need to remove and reinstall the USB ANT+ stick before connecting to the Quarq again.

Rob
Quarq Tech Service

Quarq Tech Service
ThinkFast@Quarq.com
800-660-6853
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Rob,
When will Quarq ever have true left/right power measurement?

Why would you need it???
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [TriDav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriDav wrote:
Hijacking a bit this thread but I do have a Wahoo firness key for iPhone if you are searching one (just don't need it anymore since I'm now with Samsung).

Great news!

Me too if anyone needs another one
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rob...if we have the magnet already securing on our bike - do we need to (or should we anyway) update the firmware? I have 2 Elsa's and not sure if I need to do the update?

Thanks so much!

Cheers!

JR

Quote | Reply
Is there any advantage to going without the magnet. I use it on my Elsa. Is there a compelling reason for me to do the update and remove it?
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [Max Daddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Max Daddy wrote:
Is there any advantage to going without the magnet. I use it on my Elsa. Is there a compelling reason for me to do the update and remove it?

Yes, when the glue that holds the magnet to the ring fails and the magnet attaches to your chain and jams in your rear derailleur cage so hard that it requires pliers for removal, you will wish you did this (happened to me a few weeks ago)... plus a few grams of weight savings and some immeasurably small aero benefit.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [Maineiac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maineiac wrote:
Yes, when the glue that holds the magnet to the ring fails and the magnet attaches to your chain and jams in your rear derailleur cage so hard that it requires pliers for removal, you will wish you did this (happened to me a few weeks ago)... plus a few grams of weight savings and some immeasurably small aero benefit.

ha ... a couple weeks ago I dropped my chain, and it managed to knock the magnet loose. I thought it was gone, but somehow it ended up lodged in the cassette, between 2 cogs. I could not figure out WTF was making the chain jump. You would not believe how hard it was to get it out of the cassette.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great news. I've knocked my magnet off more than once. I'll keep it on the frame for now, but when it falls off again I'm leaving it off.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My garmin ANT stick doesn't work. It says it needs a ANT USB 2. Are Garmin ANT sticks not compatible?
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrianB wrote:
Maineiac wrote:

ha ... a couple weeks ago I dropped my chain, and it managed to knock the magnet loose. I thought it was gone, but somehow it ended up lodged in the cassette, between 2 cogs. I could not figure out WTF was making the chain jump. You would not believe how hard it was to get it out of the cassette.

You're lucky that's all that happened. Mine ran into the rear derailleur and shattered the derailleur cage into pieces.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [schafjet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a Garmin ANT stick that came with an older device like a 310XT it may be first gen. The USB2 versions are labeled in tiny print.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [schafjet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schafjet wrote:
My garmin ANT stick doesn't work. It says it needs a ANT USB 2. Are Garmin ANT sticks not compatible?

That Ant USB 2 is "Ant USB 2", not "Ant" "USB 2.0". Garmin made two different Ant sticks, with two different chips. They need very different OS drivers. Look for "USB2" in tiny, tiny writing on the stick.

It has nothing to do with USB 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 or 3.0. It's version 2 of the stick.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And here was was hoping you'd tell me you're finally campy compatible. Sigh.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good news indeed.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [mercuryvapor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you or anyone successfully updated and removed the magnet? Work ok? I'm updated and considering doing so before IMKY this weekend...the last thing I need is a magnet coming loose

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [Terra-Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I removed magnets and updated both my Quarqs last week and both working fine.I did notice a little delay in initial cadence reading compared to when using magnets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just had this happen today. Same thing, dropped the chain, magnet came off and I could not figure out wtf was causing the chain to jump on the cogset.

Realized I had the Firmware 23 update and chucked the magnet back at home.

Less weight! haha.
Quote Reply
Re: Very good Quarq news! [slowshortround] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
too funny. Well, not really, out on the road. But afterward, I had to laugh when I figured it out. I even made my wife come over and look at it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heh, same thing happened on mine and I would 100% believe you about how hard it was to get it out of the cassette. I don't have a new quarq that I can upgrade though, so my current "solution" was to add a wrap of electrical tape after gluing and that seems to have helped make things more secure and resistant to that sort of problem.
Quote Reply

Prev Next