Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Velomax Circuit Wheelset?
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any experience with this wheelset? All the testimonials I've read on-line make them sound like the absolute best bang for the buck (for a semi-aero and very durable training wheelset). I'm thinking about outfitting my new (Felt F1R) road bike with these, so I'm very interested in getting any insights on the Velomax Circuits from my slowtwitch brothers and sisters.
Quote Reply
Re: Velomax Circuit Wheelset? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a pair of the Ascent Comps. I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- Velomax makes the world's best wheels, at any price. The hubs are a generation ahead of what others are making. The spoke design basically eliminates breakage, yet keeps the wheel very light.

You will love these wheels and you'll never "outgrow" them. I've owned every major brand of wheels and custom wheels over the past 15 years, and Velomax are the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The circuit comp is hands down the best value on the market. I have a set on my Vortex with 10,000+ miles on them and they have yet to be touched by a spoke wrench! Fantastic wheelset!
Quote Reply
Re: Velomax Circuit Wheelset? [Andrew Knight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
test rode the orion IIs, great wheel, stiff and responsive.

Ross Hoopingarner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put them on my QR Caliente for training wheels (you can get a new set for ~$250 on Ebay. I don't see any there now, but check back regularly). They're great training wheels, and I've used them for a couple races. My only gripe is that because the rear hub is slightly wider than normal, I can't run a 12/25 cassette because my chain rubs on the bottom of the rear seatstay when in the 12-tooth cog. I talked to Velomax about this, and their only suggestion was that I run an 11/23 cassette (a lame work-around for an obvious design problem). This situation left me unhappy with Velomax as a company, and I probably won't buy from them again (which is a shame, because I *do* like their wheels).

You can't go wrong for the price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife has 3500 miles on her Velomax Circuits. They came with her bike. Haven't touched them. Still perfect. In fact, they are so good it is hard to justify the cost of race wheels. Sure race wheels are a little bit lighter and a little bit more aero, but not much, and for several hundred dollars the improvement would be minimal.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply