Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vector 2 Noob Questions
Quote | Reply
So I bought a used pair of Vector 2S pedals. It included the upgraded pedal to make them dual sided. Seller did warn that the last time they were used, there were connectivity issues with the upgrade pedal on the left side.

Anyway, later we messaged back and forth and he told me I could download the software and simply unpair the upgrade pedal and I could use them as 2S. I figured that's not a bad option, and I can deal with the upgrade pedal/pod later.
He said I would have to install the software and then tell it to either unpair or just say one side.

Anyway, I downloaded the only software I could find, but it was a software updater. They seem to be on version 4.0. When I paired them with the computer, I only got one pedal or one ANT+ device. Is this normal? Or should I have 2 devices? one left and one right?
Additionally, do I even have the right software? I didn't see any option that would allow me to select run as single sided.

Should i just install the 2S version and not worry about the upgrade pedal? Would that work? I've never used power pedals, much less dual sided. I've been on powertap hubs for many many years.

Any help/advice/clarifications of my knowledge/assumptions is appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Vector 2 Noob Questions [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the first gen vectors. They show as a single device when pairing.

Connect them and do a 5 minute ride then look at the ride results. If you see a bunch of left / right stuff you're good to go.

If not get on the phone w/ Garmin. If the second pedal is supposed to connect and it's not they may wind up just having you send them in and they'll send you a new pair. Their support is generally good, definitely worth a call.
Quote Reply
Re: Vector 2 Noob Questions [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So assuming that it only shows one side, switching the upgrade pedal for the dumb pedal won't work right, correct?

And yes I'll give them a call worse case scenario. I've recently read here phone calls get faster and better answers from them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no idea what happens when you start flipping pedals - that's a question for Garmin. Regardless, if you're not getting dual sided power and you're supposed to then see what they can do for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have v2 (and v3) but it's been awhile(years) since I've had to troubleshoot v2.

I'd delete them from the garmin cpu and restart (from scratch) using the windows software (of they still use that) They should pair as one unit. Make sure batteries are fresh and the computer is very near the pedals. I remember having to use the BT dongle.

GL
Quote Reply
Re: Vector 2 Noob Questions [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're not paired to my Garmin yet. I believe I understand the function of the updater in addition to the obvious.

If you pair both on Windows they function as one unit.

If you unpair them and then pair only the 2S side then it will "release" the upgrade pedal.

After either scenario above you can then go on to Garmin to add as a PM.

Does that sound right?
Quote Reply