Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Value of 2017 Wahoo Kickr
Quote | Reply
Found a Kickr 2017 trainer described as having been used a dozen times or less (I can obviously see how much wear and tear on external appearance, etc) listed in the local classifieds.
Considering getting a direct drive trainer for a good deal. Not too loyal on brands. If this isn't a good deal, then I'll see what else gets posted as well as waiting for black friday deals.

Don't want to bias anybody with any numbers. Assuming it's in great condition, what would you pay for it?

Also, any issues with this model I shoud be aware of?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Value of 2017 Wahoo Kickr [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think 2017 was the model year where there was a running change to the KICKR, after a certain point the 2017's are compatible with the CLIMB. If that's something you are or might be interested in then you can figure it out via the serial number.

I had one of the early 2017 non-climb compatible KICKR's, not quite as quiet as the newer stuff but still very quiet in my opinion. I never had any trouble with it and in hindsight I think I could make a good argument that I should have just stuck with it instead of chasing after something a little quieter, because it worked well.

For stuff like this I usually look at completed listings on ebay and get an idea what people are paying for them used. As we head into the colder months the used market for them only improves...
Quote Reply
Re: Value of 2017 Wahoo Kickr [txtyree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
txtyree wrote:
I think 2017 was the model year where there was a running change to the KICKR, after a certain point the 2017's are compatible with the CLIMB. If that's something you are or might be interested in then you can figure it out via the serial number.

Good data point. I hadn't considered compatibility with it. I've never made plans to buy one, but having the option is nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Per above, KICKR 2017 is the one compatible with the climb. It was released in the 3rd quarter of 2017. The KICKR 2016 was the active product until around August of that year. There is no super-easy way to visually identify a KICKR 2017. The key is that it is compatible with the CLIMB, so the post above the quick release on the non-drive-side is curved around to allow room for rotation. The KICKR 2016 is flat across the post that supports the QR axle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$500
Quote Reply
Re: Value of 2017 Wahoo Kickr [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
$500

Thanks for this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I paid $850 for a twice used 2017 kickr. This was August 2018. That's what they guy was selling it for, wanted to get rid of it because he hated riding indoors.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Value of 2017 Wahoo Kickr [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
I paid $850 for a twice used 2017 kickr. This was August 2018. That's what they guy was selling it for, wanted to get rid of it because he hated riding indoors.
Currently they're asking for 700.
A few other listings within a 90 minute drive range from 650 to 750.

I'm just thinking I could get a brand new Tacx Flux S for 750. I tried looking for DC Rainmakers page for Black Friday from last year but the deals are no longer listed.

I don't think I want to pay 700. We'll see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chan wrote:
Currently they're asking for 700.
If it is a KICKR 2017, then $700 is a great price. If it is a KICKR 2016, then it is a so-so price. On eBay and in my area, used KICKR 2017s are selling closer to $800 (asking above $800).
Quote Reply