Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Using o2 ozone for recovery
Quote | Reply
I was talking to my physical therapist and he mentioned using o2 zone for recovery. He told me that he would guarantee that the guys I'm competing against are taking this supplement. Now, from my understanding this is not in a liquid or pill form. Don't people use a hyperbaric chamber to increase oxygen in there blood.

If I'm opening up a can of warms I'll never mention this again. I just want to know if I'm missing something in my training.

With that said is this a band item or cheating in any way? If not where would one buy this stuff?
Last edited by: finsfree: Dec 13, 12 9:42
Quote Reply
Re: Using o2 ozone for recovery [finsfree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about a supplement or breathing oxygen out of a tank?
Quote Reply
Re: Using o2 ozone for recovery [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NormM wrote:
Are you talking about a supplement or breathing oxygen out of a tank?

I'm not sure. I'm just trying to figure out what he's talking about. Is there a pill?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm someone you are competing against, and I am not taking that supplement.

This has invalidated your therapists claim, and thus he is not to be trusted!

anyway whatever he is shilling for it is snake oil.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I doubt he's talking about breathing O2 which some teams do for immediate recovery from hard short efforts or traveling to altitude ( play football/basketball in Denver ) I haven't heard of any wide spread use among endurance athletes to recover after working out. If he's talking about a supplement like this http://www.nutraoxygen.com/ I would think it was snake oil unless otherwise convinced with some good research on the active ingrediants there amount, type, and quality
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
o2 zone or o2 ozone? Ozone is really o3 and that can kill you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is an old post, but I would give a hundy to find out if that "physical therapist" ended up being a PED pusher or not.

finsfree wrote:
I was talking to my physical therapist and he mentioned using o2 zone for recovery. He told me that he would guarantee that the guys I'm competing against are taking this supplement. Now, from my understanding this is not in a liquid or pill form. Don't people use a hyperbaric chamber to increase oxygen in there blood.

If I'm opening up a can of warms I'll never mention this again. I just want to know if I'm missing something in my training.

With that said is this a band item or cheating in any way? If not where would one buy this stuff?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Using o2 ozone for recovery [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Careful with that bet !

Both Ozone (O3) and Oxygen (O2) are proven to both be legitimate Repair/Recovery Treatment Protocols.

And since I'm the first to call you out, I can give you my Paypal account if you'd like !!!!

db
Quote Reply
Re: Using o2 ozone for recovery [Dbeitel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does one deliver the O2?

Dbeitel wrote:
Careful with that bet !

Both Ozone (O3) and Oxygen (O2) are proven to both be legitimate Repair/Recovery Treatment Protocols.

And since I'm the first to call you out, I can give you my Paypal account if you'd like !!!!

db

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Using o2 ozone for recovery [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric

O2 and O3 are used/delivered in two entirely different ways.

Oxygen (O2) is delivered usually by a system like a LiveO2 system. With a mask - it is inhaled. Pure O2 ( or thereabouts) is breathed in and alternated with no O2. The thinking that alternating pure O2 with no O2 stimulates the body to 'flush' itself of toxins that are residual in the tissues.

Ozone on the other hand is completely different. O3 is usually injected ( yes, in a vapor state) with Dextrose, and Vitamin E directly into an injury to promote healing. Its a relatively new protocol, but has shone to be very effective in stimulating the injury to heal.

db
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using a 21% O2 treatment in a nitrogen base. Been working well so far.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dbeitel wrote:
Eric

Oxygen (O2) is delivered usually by a system like a LiveO2 system. With a mask - it is inhaled. Pure O2 ( or thereabouts) is breathed in and alternated with no O2. The thinking that alternating pure O2 with no O2 stimulates the body to 'flush' itself of toxins that are residual in the tissues.

Ozone on the other hand is completely different. O3 is usually injected ( yes, in a vapor state) with Dextrose, and Vitamin E directly into an injury to promote healing. Its a relatively new protocol, but has shone to be very effective in stimulating the injury to heal.

db

Ooohhhhh. 'Flush' those toxins. What are they? Where are they in my tissues? Where to they go when they are 'flushed'? This is fascinating science here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dbeitel wrote:
Eric

db

WTF! I'm so confused about the LiveO2 system. I would think that it's illegal to sell a product that creates concentrated oxygen without a doctor's prescription.

Is this a naturopathic thing or a homeopathic remedy? Their "science" sounds off. I get that inflammation causes difficulty with oxygen extraction but is that really to such a significant extent among athletes.

Plus I love the video of the elderly peeps working out. Awesome
Quote Reply
Re: Using o2 ozone for recovery [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its generally free though, so how can it be any good !
Quote Reply
Re: Using o2 ozone for recovery [Old lungs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Folks, I'm detecting some push back here.... I was just answering the questions on the difference between O2 and O3. I'm not in any position to validate the science, especially regarding the O2 systems. The O3 system however, has been demonstrated that it works.
Last edited by: Dbeitel: Nov 18, 19 12:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dbeitel wrote:

He must be paying for his, it's a higher concentration than the 20.95% stuff that's floating around.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣toxins😂😂😂😂😂
Quote Reply
Re: Using o2 ozone for recovery [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
I've been using a 21% O2 treatment in a nitrogen base. Been working well so far.

LOL!
Quote Reply
Re: Using o2 ozone for recovery [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtrpickels wrote:
Dbeitel wrote:

He must be paying for his, it's a higher concentration than the 20.95% stuff that's floating around.

yeah, house plants. I hear WADA is convening a tribunal to consider adding them to the banned list.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply