Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Used to wear Zoot shoes...
Quote | Reply
I used to wear various neutral Zoot Tri shoes and am looking for an alternative. I can still order them and probably will but want to see if anyone has any other shoe that they have moved into from Zoot.

Merry Christmas!

Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Used to wear Zoot shoes... [jeepguy2358] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am on my 2nd pair of the Ali'l 14's. Tried the successor but returned it. I use these for short distance tri's. Looking for another pair that some retailer may have bought overstock merchandise as pair #2 are almost shot.

Ran in Nike's Vapor Fly 4.0 at my recent 70.3. They live up to the hype and worth the money.
Last edited by: dhinkle: Dec 26, 18 7:54
Quote Reply
Re: Used to wear Zoot shoes... [dhinkle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dhinkle wrote:

Ran in Nike's Vapor Fly 4.0 at my recent 70.3. They live up to the hype and worth the money.
F

I second this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What Zoot model(s) did you use? Many remain plentiful - and inexpensive - on Amazon and at resellers such as Shoebacca (no relationship with any of these three companies). I run often in Solana ACR and also race and fast train occasionally in the TT. Overall, I think that the Solana are fairly similar to Saucony Kinvara - the Kinvara are generally run a tiny bit larger, especially in the toebox - And I've been running in the Kinvara since the original and have a 4 and 7 right now (the 4 is pretty worn, but I prefer it to the 7...). But I like Zoots enough to have just purchased three more a couple of weeks ago - another pair of Solana ACR (my current pair still looks great at about 300 mi, but I expect this winter (northern hemisphere) will kill them (ACR = all conditions running, so includes a waterproof membrane - less flexibility and certainly less breathable - but great for winter!). I also bought a 'regular' pair of Solana 2 and a pair of Del Mar - the Del Mar are still neutral, but a bigger drop and more cushion / more shoe than the Solana. I've run in them three times and like them for what they are - pretty plush, maybe a bit heavy for what they provide. I don't have a good comparison for a non-Zoot equivalent of the Del Mar. BUT...the sum total of these three pairs was $105. And I had a $20 off $100 at Shoebacca. And I use one of these online cash rebates that provided 6% for this purchase (on the $105!). Free shipping. So, if you can find a Zoot model that fits your needs - about $75 for three pairs of shoes...
Quote Reply
Re: Used to wear Zoot shoes... [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second shoebacca. Bug zoot fan here but I also wanna start diversifying so following this thread in case someone drops some nuggets.

I've tried on runnin and innov8 but they're not direct comparisons. The thing about zoot is I've loved their race shoes, training shoes and everything in between. They just fit me really well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dunno how they compare, but I've run in zoots and use the active88 runner for racing right now and absolutely love it. Everything i want in a racing flat: neutral, lightweight, responsive, seamless upper
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys! I typically wear the Solana to train in and the TT to race in although I used the Solana for several races this season. I’ve purchased a few pair from shoebacca and have worked well. They fit my feet so well but I know they won’t be around forever. I was just trying to see what everyone else was wearing. I may give the Vaporfly’s a shot along with a pair or two of Zoots

Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Used to wear Zoot shoes... [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
dhinkle wrote:

F

I second this.

I also co-sign this statement!!! I have posted my best 5k & 10k PRs with them!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Used to wear Zoot shoes... [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
giorgitd wrote:
What Zoot model(s) did you use? Many remain plentiful - and inexpensive - on Amazon and at resellers such as Shoebacca (no relationship with any of these three companies). I run often in Solana ACR and also race and fast train occasionally in the TT. Overall, I think that the Solana are fairly similar to Saucony Kinvara - the Kinvara are generally run a tiny bit larger, especially in the toebox - And I've been running in the Kinvara since the original and have a 4 and 7 right now (the 4 is pretty worn, but I prefer it to the 7...). But I like Zoots enough to have just purchased three more a couple of weeks ago - another pair of Solana ACR (my current pair still looks great at about 300 mi, but I expect this winter (northern hemisphere) will kill them (ACR = all conditions running, so includes a waterproof membrane - less flexibility and certainly less breathable - but great for winter!). I also bought a 'regular' pair of Solana 2 and a pair of Del Mar - the Del Mar are still neutral, but a bigger drop and more cushion / more shoe than the Solana. I've run in them three times and like them for what they are - pretty plush, maybe a bit heavy for what they provide. I don't have a good comparison for a non-Zoot equivalent of the Del Mar. BUT...the sum total of these three pairs was $105. And I had a $20 off $100 at Shoebacca. And I use one of these online cash rebates that provided 6% for this purchase (on the $105!). Free shipping. So, if you can find a Zoot model that fits your needs - about $75 for three pairs of shoes...

I just wanted to agree with your assessment of the Kinvara 4. I have run in every Kinvara from the original and the best one ever was the 4. I had three pairs of the 4 and have been conserving the last surviving pair for races only.... they are about dead.

If Saucony were to put the upper from the 4 on their new mid-sole technology they would have a hit on their hands.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: Used to wear Zoot shoes... [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely in agreement. The Kinvara 7 has some positives, but it does not 'feel fast' like the 4 does. I have not raced in the 7, but have raced in the 4 many times. So, the 7 is mostly used for fast training/track days...
Quote Reply