Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Used Equipement
Quote | Reply
               Yesterday, someone (possibly the seller) anounced to all that a used pair of Zipps was for sale for $700. Does anyone think that was a good deal? Once you pass the 50% mark on used stuff, why not just buy new? What if you have to rebuild a hub? Now you could be approaching full price.

Also, Zipp 404's were recently advertised by one of the major tri websights for $900, new. New stuff will almost always be available at discount somewhere during the off season. You really have to watch it. Just because something is on Ebay, it doesn't have to be a bargain.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Used Equipement [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.... and you also need to check into what is actually being sold. Sometimes it can be a bargain if there is a relatively new cassette or tubular tire or upgraded skewers etc. which might make it look overpriced when in reality it is not (not sure if this is the case for this specific example though).
Quote Reply
Re: Used Equipement [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Sweeney,

No I wasn't the seller for the Zipps. I just came across the item when I was surfing the net. I agree 100% about used equipment and breaking 50% of the actual cost. But the seller stated that the set was brand new, never used. Probably a 2000-2001 model without a cassette or skewers. I thought I would just let those who are interested at the forum check it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Used Equipement [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've had these e-bay discussions before. "Caveat Emptor": Let the buyer beware. You can't really be sure of what you are getting and its condition until you get it. WE do a lot of selling on e-bay and represent what we sell fairly and accurately but do tend to get the maximum price for it. We don't practice "false bidding" to drive our bids up or post reserves. That is not the case with other people. We see it go wrong all the time. We see the results in our store, and guess what, we usually make money off the mistakes of others. You have to be very careful or willing to part with the cash rather casually.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply