Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Upright - slouching
Quote | Reply
I'm at my desk for fairly long hours and I've noticed a fairly sharp decline in posture - has anyone tried Upright?
Quote Reply
Re: Upright - slouching [goodie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sitting super upright always felt weird to me depending on computer position. Also as a law firm lawyer I was at my desk for like 20 hrs at a time so it wasn’t feasible.

Standing desk (and quitting my job :)) changed my life
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You’re referring to Upright Go, right? I’ve used it and it helped, but I didn’t keep up with it. Too many devices already!

A cool hack - and probably only relevant to this board -is you can use the pod as a great “aero position reminder.” Basically, just calibrate as usual, except while in the aerobars /desired position on the bike. Any time you break position, the pod will buzz, and nag you to get low and back in position. Pretty neat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used it in December and completed the 21 day program. I would keep in on most of my workday for the vibrations if I slouched. I was pleased with it. I also have been doing exercises to improve posture after a lifetime of slouching. Everything together has seemed to be a wise investment, time and money. I will start using it again soon, perhaps next week, for another 21 days.

I kept mine at work during the week to be sure I had it to use, as they recommend. It is not hard to walk out the door without it in the morning. They sticky pads seem to last a while if you shower before putting it on, like in the morning.

A coworker is using a balance ball seat in the office. He seems to think that his helping with his posture.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Re: Upright - slouching [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have poor sitting and standing posture (hunched), which I always wistfully thought was a strength on the bike. Not a literal strength since I suffer from back pain, but a strength in the sense of a more aerodynamic position. When I got fitted many years ago, I remember him saying it was easy to get my back flat. It left me to wonder whether the cycling position was making my normal posture worse. Ironically, this most straight I stand is probably when running.
Quote Reply
Re: Upright - slouching [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:
You’re referring to Upright Go, right? I’ve used it and it helped, but I didn’t keep up with it. Too many devices already!

A cool hack - and probably only relevant to this board -is you can use the pod as a great “aero position reminder.” Basically, just calibrate as usual, except while in the aerobars /desired position on the bike. Any time you break position, the pod will buzz, and nag you to get low and back in position. Pretty neat.

Love this hack. Genius.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Upright - slouching [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If i could get it to give a good solid electric shock or send a nag tone to the phone, that would be perfect: unfortunately, the nag buzz is pretty light, so it probably wold be lost or masked by road vibration on an outdoor ride.
Quote Reply