Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Upgrading to a carbon fork on OCR3
Quote | Reply
I have a Giant OCR3 with an aluminum fork with a threaded steerer. It uses the quill type stem. A friend has given me a carbon fork off of a Specialized bike. They both have 1" steer tubes. I know I will have to buy a new stem. I also know I will need new bearings for the headset. I talked to a guy at my LBS and was told I might have difficulty finding compatible bearings. I did notice that the OCR2 and OCR1 use the A headset. Has anyone ever made this change over, and what headset is compatible? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading to a carbon fork on OCR3 [mastertech71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I upgraded to a carbon fork on the OCR2 a little over a year ago. I put a Kestrel fork on that bike, and I don't remember having to change anything. My LBS did the work, and I think everything was compatible. I know I didn't have to change the stem. I eventually did put a new stem on that bike, but it had nothing to do with the fork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try calling Giant. 1-800-CallGiantBikesNow

jg

Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading to a carbon fork on OCR3 [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was the carbon fork a threaded steerer or nonthreaded. Mine is nonthreaded, that is why I believe I have to change stems and possibly headsets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was threaded. The bike was an '03 model, and I put on a Kestrel EMS Pro carbon fork that picked up from Nashbar.
Quote Reply