Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Upgrading P2K
Quote | Reply
I have a Cervelo P2K that I like very much, If I had to do it again I would have bought it with just the frame and added the best stuff. On my bike I have Selle San Marco Azoto Tri Gel Saddle, Speedplay Zero's, and the rest of the bike is stock, the way it came. I am thinking of making a few upgrades, like Zipp 404's for racing while continuing to train on the Richey wheel, and some HED integrated Areobars. Should I be thinking of anymore uprades to my P2K, and are the HED bars worth changing from the stock Syntance's the bike came with?

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading P2K [flytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to the available earo data from Martin/Cobb or the vision tech site, these upgrades will save you some time over a 40 kms TT. The wheels will save about a minute and the aero bar system another twenty seconds or less. This is all theoretical BTW. My wife is consistantly faster on her P2K on the Rolf Vector Comps than she is with Hed 60/Deep. There is no logical reason for this but it happens. The Heds should be faster but in her case they never are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give some serious thought to putting in a Chris King headset. It is a big improvement.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading P2K [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming it's a recent-model P2K, it has an integrated headset. How would you go about putting an aftermarket headset on it? I checked out the Chris King website and the closest thing I could see that might work is the "Perdido" headset. Does this work on a P2K/P3?
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading P2K [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Chris King headset on my 2001 P2K. Big improvement. I also swapped out the saddle (women's Serfas Pro) and had them build it up with Mavic wheels instead of the Ritcheys.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading P2K [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I just don't know anything about the integrated headsets. I am sure Bunnyman does though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swapped out my C2's and bullhorns on the P2K (2001) for the new oval (aluminum) integrated bar and profile H20 stem (1 cm shorter than the stock ritchey stem). I also put the new profile qs2 levers on. Big improvements even if you put aero data aside:

1) You can dial in your fit way better, because you can change the length of your extensions until you are perfectly comfortable, as well as change the elbow width.

2) The new handlebars/stem are WAY stiffer than the stock bullhorns/ritchey stem. I'm 6'4 220 lbs and I can no longer flex anything on the front end. It is a good feeling. Might feel a little rough on poor roads, though. It makes the whole bike feel more solid.

3) the new levers are beautiful. The return springs make the lever JUMP back when you release them. No more worrying about dragging brakes with those crummy diacompe's.

Philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
campagnolo. I won't go back. have you seen the new 2004 record all carbon bottle cage? looks sharp! http://www.campyonly.com/...cord_bottle_cage.jpg

I'm debating about the hed bar for my p2k. if you decide not to, get the syntace levers. they look a lot sharper, and as an added bonus, they don't rattle.

I'm also thinking about putting the Cervelo Wolf fork on it, and will likely get the carbon seatpost if it ever shows up.

404's are definitely in my future, too.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading P2K [brad in WA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought some pretty cool blue crank bolts for mine. CLM, I didn't notice the King headset on yours but I wanna check it out at Folsom this weekend. The integrated Cane Creek headset on mine is a little sticky. I also just ordered Ultegra brakes for my P2k. Sorry Gerard, I know it's a touchy subject, but your brakes suck (IMO). Hope they come in today so I can get them on in time to race on Sunday.

I just cracked the bike case and took a look at my Cervelo a couple of days back....last time I saw it was the day after IM CDA. Frankly, I had ZERO motivation to look at the bike until then! Been on the Trek the past 4 weeks. It'll be interesting racing it on Sunday since I haven't been on it in awhile.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading P2K [chrismaginn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is a Chris King headset? By the way my P2K is the 2003 model.

Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading P2K [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Perdido usually (always?) requires that the head tube be reamed to accept the Perdido "cup" in which the bearing sits. So rather than the bearing sitting directly in the head tube, it sits in the cup which then sits in the head tube. The idea is that the cup is replaceable and maintenance can be performed on the head tube if necessary and the precision of the bearing/cup interface will not be disturbed. I'm not sure it's worth it, don't know any bikes that come stock with Perdido, and would be surprised if many bike shops have much experience with them. If you think about going that route, definitely talk to your lbs and see what their experience, if any, is with this headset. If I'm sure of one thing, it's that the headset is of high quality. I've been very impressed with my CK schwag.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrading P2K [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THANKS............

Quote Reply
perdido [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the perdido headset looks great. (www.chrisking.com). but the web site says they are only making it for 1 1/8 steerers at this time, so you can forget about getting one for your p2k. also note, that it requires the headtube to be bored. not something I'd be anxious to sign up for at my LBS.

but I think it'd be a nice improvement if cervelo talked chris king into making this in 1" and used this as the oem headset. assuming normal chris king quality and all. the whole replaceable cup in an integrated headset seems like the right way to go. it might even satisfy the bunny.
Quote Reply