Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Upgrade from Garmin 935 to 945?
Quote | Reply
I have a 935 that has HR sensor issues and Garmin is replacing it under warranty. I'm thinking of moving to the 945. Who has had the 935 and then gotten a 945... and is it worth it? I've watched all the videos etc on the differences ... but just want to hear from real users who have had both as to if it is worth it, and what new features in the 945 did you find to be useful ...or not... over the 935.
Thanks

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade from Garmin 935 to 945? [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the 935 and now the 945

I don't use the music function
I don't use Garmin pay

It's still worth it for the body battery and O2 saturation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both. I had a 935 before my wife decided she needed it more (LOL) so I bought the 945 for me.

Is it worth it? If I didn't need it I would not have bought the 945 but I'm glad I did. There are some cool new features that has that I really like that the 935 doesn't but I didn't know that at the time. I just needed a new device.

The 935 and 945 do the same thing as far as basic data goes. The 945 does some things better and has more features that you may want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  • The 945 HRM is better. But, I rarely ever use it in favor of an external HRM.
  • I love the fact that the 945 HRM works for swimming.
  • The additional FirstBeat metrics are fun, but not a huge amount of value there.
  • The 945 screen is slightly easier to read.
  • Mapping is better, if that is important. I use mapping all the time now, and I would buy a 945 alone for that.
  • I have never used the music or pay features.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orcaman wrote:
I have a 935 that has HR sensor issues and Garmin is replacing it under warranty. I'm thinking of moving to the 945. Who has had the 935 and then gotten a 945... and is it worth it? I've watched all the videos etc on the differences ... but just want to hear from real users who have had both as to if it is worth it, and what new features in the 945 did you find to be useful ...or not... over the 935.
Thanks

I had a 935 and Fenix 5, instead of moving to the 945 I went to the Fenix 6 pro, it was a few hundred dollars cheaper in a recent Garmin sale and had all the features and a few more, so went with that instead. Love it, can't see myself getting a 945 anytime soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade from Garmin 935 to 945? [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In terms of weight - do you notice that the Fenix is heavier?
Especially when running.

Consider buying the Fenix as a replacement for 920xt, but the weight kinda bothers me (I haven't had a chance to test the Fenix yet).
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade from Garmin 935 to 945? [NickMa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NickMa wrote:
Especially when running.

Consider buying the Fenix as a replacement for 920xt, but the weight kinda bothers me (I haven't had a chance to test the Fenix yet).

Noting that I moved from a steel TAG then the 935 is way lighter than that, but the reason I went with 935 over Fenix is the thickness and the problem getting the watch under a shirt cuff. So interested in any comment on the thickness as much as weight.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade from Garmin 935 to 945? [NickMa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NickMa wrote:
Especially when running.

I definitely noticed the difference between the 935 and the Fenix 5, my optical HR sensor crapped out on the 935 so I was in the market for a new watch and the price differential in AUD was massive as the Fenix 6 pro was on sale ($750 versus $1000) and I now use the Fenix 6 as my all day watch and love it. I looked at all the comparator videos etc and the weight and thickness differences are minor, so I am super happy.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade from Garmin 935 to 945? [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the running powermeter on the 945 any useful? I was thinking about buying a stryd pod, but looking around for a 920xt upgrade as well, so might invest in the 945 instead if the powermeter option is good
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade from Garmin 935 to 945? [Swutch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swutch wrote:
Is the running powermeter on the 945 any useful?
The 945 does not have a running power meter. I use a Stryd with mine and have for a few years.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade from Garmin 935 to 945? [Swutch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pairing it with the Garmin HRM Pro gives you Running Power data.

If you are a data geek the 945 is a good upgrade. Many new data driven features.
Other features that a runner can really use is the music.

When is an upgrade ever bad LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very much notice how lighter it is than fenix
for me its just music that was important in upgrading, listen to audiobooks when i run/workout
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade from Garmin 935 to 945? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
  • The 945 HRM is better. But, I rarely ever use it in favor of an external HRM.
  • I love the fact that the 945 HRM works for swimming.
  • The additional FirstBeat metrics are fun, but not a huge amount of value there.
  • The 945 screen is slightly easier to read.
  • Mapping is better, if that is important. I use mapping all the time now, and I would buy a 945 alone for that.
  • I have never used the music or pay features.

I'm trying to force myself to use Garmin pay more! I've used it a few times and it was pretty cool. The neat part is that you do NOT need to have your phone or credit card on you to use it. Which means its an ideal backup pay system if you're out somewhere and need an emergency purchase (food, beverage, etc - not that I've done that like ever LOL) and don' thave your wallet on you.

It was very easy to setup and was super easy to use - you just go into the 'wallet', enter your 4-digit passcode, and then it's unlocked to use - you don't have to unlock for every purchase either, I think it stays unlocked for almost the whole day so you only enter once.

Not all the cc readers service it though, although I used it twice when I forgot my wallet at work to buy something at lunch and it worked great.
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade from Garmin 935 to 945? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
I'm trying to force myself to use Garmin pay more! I've used it a few times and it was pretty cool.
I love the xPay feature on phones and watches. I use it all the time on my Apple Watch. The only reason I haven’t used it on my Garmin is because my credit card bank has not signed on with Garmin. Drives me nuts.
Quote Reply