Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Update to my Garmin Forerunner review
Quote | Reply
OK, after reading the latest Forerunner thread I found out the unit calculated elevation and pecent grade. How did I miss that? Hey, I'm new to GPS. Anyway after discovering this, I took the unit on the bike with me today for a hillclimb. I did around 5,000 feet of climbing. I compared the results with my bike computer and the distance came up 45.95 to 46.0. I'll take 1/20th of a mile difference over 46 miles anyday. So forget that hooey I said about it not being as accurate on climbs(I went back and took that stuff out of my original review). I obviously didn't truly understand how the unit worked and overestimated how slow I was actually running up those steep hills.

You really hardly need a bike computer if you've got this thing. Definitely one of the coolest gadgets I've ever owned.
Last edited by: jaylew: Jan 25, 04 21:45
Quote Reply
Re: Update to my Garmin Forerunner review [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep - I race against my Forerunner virtual partner - really humbling to see him BEAT ME EVERY TIME

some day I'll whip that sucker!

awesome tool - if I wasn't so busy with Rotors right now I'd write my review

on another note, I'm getting a T-Mobile Color Sidekick so I can be on the web and in touch via e-mail and phone anywhere I go, anyone got one of these?
Last edited by: Gary Tingley: Jan 25, 04 22:26
Quote Reply