Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Up close with Scott DeFilippis about Ebrunman, swimming, doping ...
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Up close with Scott DeFilippis about Ebrunman, swimming, doping ... [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Herbert, good interview with the added pleasure, for a french guy, to see an american pro venturing in our races. If DeFilippis praise the french tough courses, you should talk him into Altriman. That's an iron-distance race held in the Pyrenees in early july and for most age groupers, it takes one to two hours more to complete comparing to Embrunman. That's especially because of the difference in the bike courses: 3700 m of climbing for the Embrunman versus 5000 m for the Altriman. However, there is no prize money in the Altriman, which is the reason why it's not well known, even in Europe. But I guess Scott can make an arrangement with the organizer, since Marcel Zamora (multiple winner of the Embrunman) once toed the line at the Altriman.
A teaser if you want to catch a glimpse of the atmosphere and the course : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJpm0EssNpo
Quote Reply
Re: Up close with Scott DeFilippis about Ebrunman, swimming, doping ... [tof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In general I think folks need to step outside of the box

H
Quote Reply
Re: Up close with Scott DeFilippis about Ebrunman, swimming, doping ... [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Embrunman probably isn't the toughest iron distance "race" one can find but I think it is the toughest mass participation iron distance race. Like 1000 participants. Atmosphere on the course is great. The town is very nice too. I would highly recommend it.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply