Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Unofficial man, great entry fee. [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally awesome!!! Is it too early in the thread to mention you have a hot wife? If it is, I won't mention how hot she is. Congrats on a well ran race, and possibly you can expand on it next year. Congrats to your (hot) wife for being the only one to complete the full distance.
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial man, great entry fee. [tdhtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know the first couple years of Ironman were about the same kind of race? Lets hope the Unofficial Man can stay the same forever. Mom and Pop rule as far as I am concerned.
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial man, great entry fee. [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Made me laugh.
medals could be washers on fishing line!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love this! My run club friends and I put on a spoof of the Boston Marathon called Notsob Nohtaram, slogan: Everything Boston but Backward. It allowed only people who had never qualified for Boston, and bandits. We created a fabric and PVC bus to take people from our staging area down to to the start (kind of Flintstones style, where people held up the sides and walked it down.) we got more than 60 people crammed in there. We didn't have a CitGo sign, instead it was a GoSit sign. No screaming co-eds, instead I inflated dozens of surgical gloves and stapled them to long poles for a high-five station. We had bibs and chips -- lobster bibs and tortilla chips. And so on. Oh, it was 26.2 kilometers, still a substantial distance.

I've also put on a couple of 12-hour runs around Pasadena's Rose Bowl. The first one we did was in support of a friend who was training for Badwater. It was on the fall equinox, Sept. 21, so we started at dawn and finished at dusk. It turned out to be one of the hottest days of the year. I managed 41 miles over 12 hours, our friend did double marathon. The next one we did on the winter solstice, much cooler and a lot of us topped 50 miles in 12 hours.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Last edited by: SharonMcN: Jul 6, 14 23:10
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial man, great entry fee. [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These events could take off in popularity!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will you sue if others use the same branding?

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial man, great entry fee. [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Just a little curious about your wife... Is she single?

I laughed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good stuff, did something similar years ago with a group of friends that we called FrugalMan where we mapped out a half-IM course from Walden Pond. I love stuff like this and EpicMan where it's just a group of people getting together and having at the course just for the fun of it.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is awesome!

Whenever I go for a run on the C&O canal I think about putting on a one man 140.6 ending in DC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great idea and great execution! :-)

I never did anything remotely resembling long-course triathlon racing, but for a couple of years now I have been organizing a 10.2 Km trail run (>300m elevation). The run course happens to run from my place of work to my home, conveniently :-)
The rules are simple: we all start together, first person at my house is winner. There's a "consensus course" marked by me, but if you think you have figured out a better course, you're free to take that. Free beer and BBQ for all at the finish.
Started out as a bet between me and a friend/colleague, others joined in, and meanwhile it's a fixed date each year. Friends and colleagues who would otherwise never entertain the thought of taking part in any kind of race are actually motivated to get off the couch and train for this event. And above all, it's loads of fun.

Cheers,
malte
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial man, great entry fee. [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're on year 10 of doing the same thing annually in Texas. If you want to pay an entry fee, you can donate to the March of Dimes. http://www.zentriathlon.com/ironbaby/

You can do any distance you want. Great for a free challenge.

We've had a microbrew sponsor the last few years, so free ale and pizza at the finish line. Will be in early November this year. Let me know if you want to come.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! I think the sport actually started with events like this.
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial man, great entry fee. [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So someone on reddit replied to me about another underground 140.6 ... http://teammangoraces.com/...nster_triathlon.html

Perhaps - we can get the lance vs macca challenge to take place there?
Quote Reply

Prev Next