Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Under seat storage
Quote | Reply
Just got a new bike (Cervelo C3, disk Di2). My last bike got all scratched up when I added a benro box to the top tube and an under seat bag that attached to the seat post. My new bike was a substantial purchase for me and I want to keep it pristine for as long as possible. Do any of you use one of the straps for under seat storage like this one (http://backcountryresearch.com/...tb-saddle-mount.html)? Do they work?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Under seat storage [TurtleMan77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few things, a bento box (it does not matter the brand) should never scratch your frame, the advanced top tube storage packs that we make certainly do not, if installed correctly of course.

But if you prefer under-seat storage (totally understand if you do, it can be quite handy for storing items that you do not need while still pedaling), I would highly suggest against the open design that just consists of a strap to hold things to your saddle. First, if something does slip out, you will lose it and you never know. Plus, leaving a folded inner tube out in the elements for an extended period of time is not a great idea, the rubber is super tough nor is it UV-light resistant, and they will quickly crack and degrade. A better idea is to put the tube and your tool kit in a small compact behind the seat pack, there are many good compact ones out there.

Hope that helps,
Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello TrutleMan77 and All,

https://www.shop.view-speed.com/...age-610098715993.htm

Uses straps to attach to seat rails.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Under seat storage [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
A few things, a bento box (it does not matter the brand) should never scratch your frame, the advanced top tube storage packs that we make certainly do not, if installed correctly of course.

Hope that helps,
Greg @ dsw

The bento box was attached by Velcro straps to the stem and top tube. They nylon webbed backing was abrasive. Steering shifted the bag back and forth. That action quickly sandpapered the finish off of the stem and top tube.

I hadn't thought about the tube being light sensitive. I'll look into the other style you recommended.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Under seat storage [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
Hello TrutleMan77 and All,

https://www.shop.view-speed.com/...age-610098715993.htm

Uses straps to attach to seat rails.

I saw that, but thought it would only work with a specific saddle. So, I moved past it. Do you know if it will work with the Specialized Romin saddle?

Thanks for the suggestion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TurtleMan77 wrote:
he bento box was attached by Velcro straps to the stem and top tube. They nylon webbed backing was abrasive. Steering shifted the bag back and forth. That action quickly sandpapered the finish off of the stem and top tube.

That is a kinda big design flaw. If it helps, our Speedpack 483 uses an advanced low-profile strap system that does not need to attach to your stem or steerer, and yet still has ZERO slipping or sliding. Zero.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Turtleman77 and All,

You are correct. Fits best an ISM Narrow saddle or the like.

Seat rails are pretty much standard width so attachment is not usually a problem .... and the Stash is made of ABS plastic so you can cut it to fit which helps.

Small gaps are covered with included vinyl tape.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Under seat storage [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks again.
Quote Reply