Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Under armour HOVR?
Quote | Reply
I just won a pair of HOVR shoes. I typically run in Brooks ghost, glycerine, and Hoka Clayton and Clifton. Does anyone have experience with these? should I just order the pair in my wife's size?

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Re: Under armour HOVR? [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, you happen to know what happened to Daniel Bretscher? (Carmel IN link) He free coached me for a month and was awesome and I have followed him forever and he fell off the radar.
Quote Reply
Re: Under armour HOVR? [adambeston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adambeston wrote:
Nope, you happen to know what happened to Daniel Bretscher? (Carmel IN link) He free coached me for a month and was awesome and I have followed him forever and he fell off the radar.

I think he just threw in the towel. He had been racing for a while and had a few injuries and wasn't making any money at it. Never got to talk to him about his exit and I think the last time I raced him at the pro level was Texas 70.3 in 2016. I know he raced once last year at a smaller local race. We raced many times against each other back in the day and always enjoyed racing him.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, i dont. I haven't been doing tris very long and don't know everyone in the scene but I can post in a few local groups I've joined to see if I can find out.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Re: Under armour HOVR? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I thought he had finally had a breakthrough at WI back a few years ago, at least the numbers were spot on. He was a solid touring pro, doing small Olys and sprints and hence why I liked him. Barely beating people or losing but training through to hit the larger races (and hence the barely or possible not first). Never afraid to toe the line. Always liked pros who did this. Yourself included.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
adambeston wrote:
Thanks, I thought he had finally had a breakthrough at WI back a few years ago, at least the numbers were spot on. He was a solid touring pro, doing small Olys and sprints and hence why I liked him. Barely beating people or losing but training through to hit the larger races (and hence the barely or possible not first). Never afraid to toe the line. Always liked pros who did this. Yourself included.

The hard thing about the sport is you need to be marketable to achieve any sort of actual living on the sport and athletes like Daniel and I are a dime-a-dozen. His win at Wisconsin was impressive and he also won 70.3 Steelhead one year. Daniel did the first Olympic distance race I did back in 2007 in Springfield. One of his training buddies/racing buddies, Blake Becker, I put up for a homestay. Ironically my mom taught Blake in 3rd grade I believe it was and he offered some advice to me for my first Ironman in 2006. I will never forget that Olympic though. I asked Blake if he was going to win and he said he didn't think so. Daniel was there and he was 2005 or 2006 USAT Rookie of the year. He said something like "Daniel will swim 19-20 minutes, Bike 54-55, and run 34-35" and he did exactly that and took home a cool $500 or $1000. I was blown away.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply