Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Under Armour material degradation
Quote | Reply
Noticing that with all my fitness clothing over the years it’s the Under Armour compression stuff that’s deteriorating. I always gentle wash, hang dry my gear, and don’t use any bleach, but the Under Armour stuff has been disintegrating. ‘discovered’ years ago only to buy swimsuits made of 100% polyester, otherwise they wouldn’t last a season in a chlorinated pool, but my Under Armour stuff never sees that type of environment. Any ideas of why they are degrading?
Quote Reply
Re: Under Armour material degradation [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don’t know, but I owned 1 pair of under armour shoes that fell apart. Never again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vonschnapps wrote:
Any ideas of why they are degrading?

Maybe because they are old?

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My experience is the exact opposite. My UA stuff lasts forever. I have plenty of hoodies, shirts, shorts, etc that are roughly 10 years old and still holding up well. My Nike stuff, on the other hand, has been garbage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Heatgear compression stuff has a high % of lycra (elastane) and is paper thin. As a result it just isn’t as durable as thicker stuff or less stretchy stuff. I get a couple years out of mine (I race in a heatgear top, and often use them as base layers and for zwifting).

The plus side is that the stuff works really well, and is cheap and readily available (any big box sporting goods store).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Under Armour material degradation [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s almost like something is attacking the elastane, like what chlorine does to latex swim jammers.
I really like the heat gear compression shirts, but only lasting a few years for the price of them isn’t cutting it.
Quote Reply
Re: Under Armour material degradation [2lazy2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2lazy2tri wrote:
My experience is the exact opposite. My UA stuff lasts forever. I have plenty of hoodies, shirts, shorts, etc that are roughly 10 years old and still holding up well. My Nike stuff, on the other hand, has been garbage.

My experience, w/respect to UA, as well. To date, I have two thermal long sleeves that I have been recycling for several winters now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everything I have from UnderArmour is great. Whether it's 10 year old cold gear leggings or boxer jocks. I have some 8 year old spandex jocks that are nearing their end...but no other "degradation."

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply