Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can always tell when Slowman's about to put someone in a time out: He uses capitals.

It's like your mom using your full name and it means someone's busted.

B.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YEA!!!

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, sir!

Quote | Reply
Thank you for this forum.

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Trillini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 "See, now Dad got mad and we can't play with you meanies anymore."

I like the shudders of orgasm being felt after Dan put his foot down. Who says there is no pleasure being on the bottom?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am with ya on the bad forum behavior. That said, I have one request....

Please keep the dirty secrets thread. That one is classic! I was late for work because of that.

Quote | Reply
i was thinking the same thing.

it was for sure a WAIT TILL YOUR DAD GETS HOME!!!! thread

Dan,
is there a way to add a whose online now line to the top of the forum pages. I have seen it done on other forums or was it left off for a reason?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess I haven't been banned. But perhaps I should be. Trying to divert attention from other stuff, I reserected the R10C Nebraska Jewels thread. If you killed that thread, I have committed a serious crime by causing the death of a classic. Sorry. I was just trying to look at the bright side of life. Darn it, I should have resurrected his female question thread. It was more gross than funny.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Sir Velo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan,

I have been getting caught up in posting OT things in this forum recently. Yesterday, I realized it went way too far. Sorry for any role I played in helping to create this beast. No more OT threads or posts for me in this forum. Hopefully this is enough of a wakeup call that we all police ourselves and enjoy the forum as it is designed. Lets stay "true to the tri." Thanks for giving us this terrific forum to discuss multisport!

Flanagan
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chasing women can't be multisport? :P
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lot's o' ass kissin' happen.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...and Tibbs just goes on posting OT like nothing ever happened. There will always be sacred cows.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothin' sacered about this cow. All good things come to an end Monk it's how we pick the final battle that matters.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry that you had to burry a friend and come back to the mess Dan. You deserve better that what we as a group have shown you. I know it is not proper for me to say anything as to what the topics were (and thus I dont)...I do however feel shame that you have left us adults on our own accord and some behaved like pre-school hoodlums.

Thank you for your site, thank you for the place that I have met many friends, thank you for everything - and I am sorry for all of us.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the forum created to be a place for a free-flowing exchange of ideas, imposing rules is not "keeping it real", it is making it artificial. However, rules are required as a warning for those forum members who might have an occasional tendency to misbehave themselves. I like it. No warnings and you are not allowed back. It's the 'death penalty' on Slowtwitch.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It's the 'death penalty' on Slowtwitch."

Nah...if it were the 'death penalty' you'd spend 12-15 years stuck over in the Lavender Room while Tibbs brought endless petitions for retrial or clemency before the Supreme Slowman, and while people picketed against banishment on tri-forums all over the world, aided and inflamed by media reports talking about how you've reformed your ways and aren't the forum jackass that you used to be and how you've written children's introductory triathlon training books.

;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sounds fair enough....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Certain people who used to post here are no longer able, and will not be allowed to return. "

Is there really anyway to enforce that? What's to stop them from just creating a new ID? It's kind of like when Major League Baseball bans someone from ever coming back. It's pretty easy to get tickets and with 40,000 people pouring through the turnstiles each night is anyone ever really gonna catch them. I guess we're just relying on them to get the hint and taking away the season tickets in their name (Forum ID).

Oh and add my name to the list of people who wish Tibbs would confine his antics to the Lavender Room.

-------------
"Knowledge is good" - Emil Faber
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Strider124] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Certain people who used to post here are no longer able, and will not be allowed to return. "

Is there really anyway to enforce that? What's to stop them from just creating a new ID? It's kind of like when Major League Baseball bans someone from ever coming back. It's pretty easy to get tickets and with 40,000 people pouring through the turnstiles each night is anyone ever really gonna catch them. I guess we're just relying on them to get the hint and taking away the season tickets in their name (Forum ID).

Oh and add my name to the list of people who wish Tibbs would confine his antics to the Lavender Room.

The originating site (IP address) of the posting is known when the post is made. Dan can (and does, I believe) check that IP address against a banned list. It does not work in all cases (like if your IP address changes dynamically), or if you post from public computers. Even then, he can determine a range of IP addresses that you've used, and block 'em all.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I can see how Starbucks is 'on topic' seeing as how many triathletes drink coffee but ....

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I thought about that, but I post from at least 3 different locations regularly, and I'd have to check but I'm pretty sure that at least one of those is DHCP. Bottomline is that we're depending more on the "you're no longer welcome here" stigma to keep them away.

-------------
"Knowledge is good" - Emil Faber
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't do it!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just checking...I guess I wasn't banished.

Hey, wasn't anybody training or racing last weekend? I was, and I guess I missed all the fun here.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Strider124] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yeah I thought about that, but I post from at least 3 different locations regularly, and I'd have to check but I'm pretty sure that at least one of those is DHCP. Bottomline is that we're depending more on the "you're no longer welcome here" stigma to keep them away.
Dan has shown his willingness to block an entire range of IP addresses to stop a couple of miscreants (didn't he block like all of Australia or something like that?).

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Well, I can see how Starbucks is 'on topic' seeing as how many triathletes drink coffee but ....
That is a Feb 2004 post that someone bumped. Someone decided to spend time this weekend going back through old posts and bumping the ones they found interesting/amusing. It is confusing and deja vu-ish.
Quote Reply

Prev Next