Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha ha! Perfect, I was totally thinking of that scene!

"Wow, are you a triathlete?"
If spoken by a non-swimmer, that's a compliment. When spoken by a swimmer.... -glitch
My wife's blog http://www.hostilewit.com
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [kevinp01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL! your post reminded me of the scene from "the Life of Brian":

STAN: I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'. REG: What?! LORETTA: It's my right as a man. JUDITH: Well, why do you want to be Loretta, Stan? LORETTA: I want to have babies. REG: You want to have babies?! LORETTA: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them. REG: But... you can't have babies. LORETTA: Don't you oppress me. REG: I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb! Where's the foetus going to gestate?! You going to keep it in a box?! LORETTA: [crying]
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DAD:
There are Jews in the world.
There are Buddhists.
There are Hindus and Mormons, and then
There are those that follow Mohammed, but
I've never been one of them.

I'm a Roman Catholic,
And have been since before I was born,
And the one thing they say about Catholics is:
They'll take you as soon as you're warm.

You don't have to be a six-footer.
You don't have to have a great brain.
You don't have to have any clothes on. You're
A Catholic the moment Dad came,

Because

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

CHILDREN:
Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

GIRL:
Let the heathen spill theirs
On the dusty ground.
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can't be found.

CHILDREN:
Every sperm is wanted.
Every sperm is good.
Every sperm is needed
In your neighbourhood.

MUM:
Hindu, Taoist, Mormon,
Spill theirs just anywhere,
But God loves those who treat their
Semen with more care.

MEN:
Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
WOMEN:
If a sperm is wasted,...
CHILDREN:
...God get quite irate.

PRIEST:
Every sperm is sacred.
BRIDE and GROOM:
Every sperm is good.
NANNIES:
Every sperm is needed...
CARDINALS:
...In your neighbourhood!

CHILDREN:
Every sperm is useful.
Every sperm is fine.
FUNERAL CORTEGE:
God needs everybody's.
MOURNER #1:
Mine!
MOURNER #2:
And mine!
CORPSE:
And mine!

NUN:
Let the Pagan spill theirs
O'er mountain, hill, and plain.
HOLY STATUES:
God shall strike them down for
Each sperm that's spilt in vain.

EVERYONE:
Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is good.
Every sperm is needed
In your neighbourhood.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite iraaaaaate!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stop, please stop....I'm turning into a quivering mass of giggling protoplasm here...

Spot

Quote | Reply
LOL! Now you went and did it! I'll be humming that tune all during happy hour
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arthur: Consult the Book of Armaments!
Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine to twenty-one.
Cleric: And Saint Attila raised the Hand Grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this Thy Hand Grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies into tiny pieces... in Thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and large chu —
Brother Maynard: Skip a bit, Brother.
Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'
Brother Maynard: Amen.
Knights: Amen.
Arthur: Right! [removes the Holy Pin] One!... Two!... FIVE!
Galahad: Three, sir.
Arthur: THREE!
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've asked before, I'll ask again. Is it acceptable forum behavior to continually make remarks that are racist (using the n-word and the term "Japs," not to mention perpetual stereotypical comments), sexist (countless examples, the epitome being the defenseless "someone should come on her face" post), and ridiculing (his mean-spirited degradations of the Opinionated Cyclist, never mind the issue as to how in the world those posts are OT on a triathlon forum, and why in the world he has nothing better to do than stalk and mock that kid). If racism, sexism, and ridiculing aren't part and parcel of a triathlon forum, then Racist10Carbon should not be allowed to post.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [wilbur357] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
excuse me Mr. Wilbur but, dont you state that your occupation is a 'Redneck'?
Redneck, in modern usage, predominantly refers to a particular stereotype of people who may be found in many regions of the United States (mainly the Southern regions) or Canada. Originally limited to the Appalachians, and later the Ozarks and Rocky Mountains, this stereotype is now widespread in northern states and the Canadian provinces. The word began as a pejorative classist slur with a racial component, indicating poor, ignorant persons of European descent
....I think before you start calling someone else a racist, you should first look at your own racial negativity. Just a thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [trichef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The word began as a pejorative classist slur

Him calling himself a redneck is about as offensive as me calling myself a "mick". Its origins have nothing to do with its meaning today, and it takes nothing away from his comments on other's behavior on this forum which are directed at others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That complaint has been made by many others, and always overlooked for some unknown reason...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
life lesson #23: there's no such thing as a right to not be offended. if something offends you, then in the future don't put yourself in a position to be offended. it's really that simple.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
R10C does actually contribute a lot to this forum (such as technical advice) and he's an RD who runs a race that is popular with STers. What do you contribute?

If you don't like someone's posts, don't read them.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I like "Chip" and have PM with him several times on ST I fail to see the nexus between a RD of a race (small) who posts about his own bike and equipment and purportedly offensive posts (as defined by the board owner). I do not think "Chip" is certified in anything, e.g. triathlon coaching, bike fit, nor taken the USAT RD certification course, which while not making him any less eligible to post here, certainly does not put him in line with others who do have experience and certifications. While I myself can choose not to read some of his "rants" other might be put off and leave the board thus lessening the chance of open debate and conversation, all because of a potentially offensive post which in all reality contributes zero to the goals of the ST board.

It is not as easy as "If you don't like someone's posts, don't read them." because limits have to be put in place regarding offensive conduct on the board. There is a difference between a "highly oppinionated post" and crossing a line into racist, ethnic, sexual, etc. oppinions which might offend some and scare them away, not to think those advertising on the board.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [hammerheadny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But what has been "offensive" lately? I am familiar with the posts mentioned but they were a while back. This is really just whinging about the opinionated cyclist posts which are not offensive per se even if you don't agree with laughing at that guy.

The person who posted about this has 37 posts and stated that this wasn't their first post about this. Isn't that rather a high proportion of posts whingeing about others and rather few posts to be demanding anything? People who contribute more also get to shape the discussions more.

At the end of the day, it's Dan's playground...he makes the rules and it's his decision ultimately. We are not the arbiters and do not get to decide that "limits have to be put in place" or where those limits would lie. This is an essentially unmoderated forum and the odd instance of misconduct will be allowed to slip by, especially if the offender does contribute generally. The people who have been banned have been consistently problematic and there have been general warnings when Dan thinks things are getting out of hand.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
........ALL THIS WHINING and COMPLAINING...........wasn't the Womens Forum created for this kind of stuff......................HTFU.....................

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Need a hug Wilbur? If you take every thing as someones gosphel thought, the internet is not the place for you. The thought that you can consider me racist is pathetic, but - think what you will. Your unfounded beliefs dont alter my life one iota.

Not that it matters....certifications? Barnetts Bicycle Instutute Grad, USCF Certified Tech, Wheelsmith Certified, Serotta Fit Kit, and many others. I dont pretend to be a coach, nor do I pretend to be elite. I do however have about 18 years of road racing, and 10 years of triathlon under my belt - and a SENSE OF HUMOR. You may also notice that I laugh at myself more than anyone.

For as much fun as OC is...he put himself out there to the world on YouTube, he wants to be seen. So, who is a victim here?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
........ALL THIS WHINING and COMPLAINING...........wasn't the Womens Forum created for this kind of stuff

Now you offended me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh jeesh...Sorry for him Jen.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I often wonder the same things as you. Using racially and sexually offensive words seem fine, but bashing a bike company or shop is taboo. Overall, the forum is great and entertaining and Slowman can run it as he sees fit. I guess I don't see how some things are unacceptable and others aren't.
Last edited by: Tri Slow Poke: Mar 24, 08 8:17
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You may also notice that I laugh at myself more than anyone."

You must spend a LOT of time laughing at yourself...

;-)

Quote | Reply
Are you suggesting that we remove all offensive posts? I'll resign on the spot...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wilbur357 wrote:
I've asked before, I'll ask again. Is it acceptable forum behavior to continually make remarks that are racist (using the n-word and the term "Japs," not to mention perpetual stereotypical comments), sexist (countless examples, the epitome being the defenseless "someone should come on her face" post), and ridiculing (his mean-spirited degradations of the Opinionated Cyclist, never mind the issue as to how in the world those posts are OT on a triathlon forum, and why in the world he has nothing better to do than stalk and mock that kid). If racism, sexism, and ridiculing aren't part and parcel of a triathlon forum, then Racist10Carbon should not be allowed to post.

Thank you Wilbur. Now that's what I call sticking up for your cycling brother. I'm not worried about Chip but they did post my resume on this forum somewhere so I need to address my educational section of my resume, as I have a confession to make. Just like Tyler Hamilton and Floyd Landis decided to come clean, I was forced to do the same when confronted with the truth.

Oh, here's my confession (19 minutes, 10 seconds): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRDe4jP9nbY

Please share the video and embed it.
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NO NO NO

DIE THREAD DIE

Don't make me mention the Nazis.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet every junior high teacher has given the same speech after returning to class after having a substitute.
Quote Reply

Prev Next