Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ultraman WC
Quote | Reply
http://ultramanworlds.com/2022-athletes/

For the first time in three years, UM is back. Good luck to everyone racing. It looks like the women’s race could be pretty good. One of the most fun Thanksgiving weekends that I’ve had was crewing at this race.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman WC [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be following along with interest.
I am getting myself very slowly back into Ultraman shape for 2023/24 and am doing my slow.slow qualifier Ironman in West Oz in 9 days.
This weekend should be a great race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both the women's and men's is stacked this year....should be a great race. The hiatus has really got a good field to come out. Richard Thompson, Steven Keller and Rob Gray are all aiming for that top spot and then it will be great to see the race between Dede Griesbauer, Leanda Cave and Tara Norton. (Apologies if I missed others...)
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman WC [iainbanks1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's unfortunate that the reigning champ, Canada's Jordan Bryden will not be there to defend but best wishes to all that choose to do that crazy distance.

Aussie Nick, I read somewhere in your contract that you must qualify for your UM in Penticton

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman WC [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hydrosloth wrote:
It's unfortunate that the reigning champ, Canada's Jordan Bryden will not be there to defend but best wishes to all that choose to do that crazy distance.

Aussie Nick, I read somewhere in your contract that you must qualify for your UM in Penticton
Pretty sure my time doing "official" Ultraman events are over as I am not very popular with "The Ohana". I live on the Ultraman Oz course so that would be me in May if I was going to do another one.

I would happily head over for a reunion with all my Penticton buddies for the Ultra355K though.
(Insert shameless plug for that race)
Canada - Ultra355

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the currents were against them this year with slow swim times all around.
Facebook

>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iainbanks1 wrote:
Both the women's and men's is stacked this year....should be a great race. The hiatus has really got a good field to come out. Richard Thompson, Steven Keller and Rob Gray are all aiming for that top spot and then it will be great to see the race between Dede Griesbauer, Leanda Cave and Tara Norton. (Apologies if I missed others...)

Leanda said on the Move with Lance and Jimmy Riccitello that she's gunning for the overall win. I saw Tara (quite randomly) at the pool at University of Toronto when I was there for biz and she was pretty excited to go back. Rob has been on the big sauna-man taper LOL
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman WC [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rob and Dede go 1,2 on Day 1 with Richard in 3rd and Steven in 4th. 17mins covering those four. Reports saying that riding conditions were amongst the best ever.
Last edited by: iainbanks1: Nov 25, 22 17:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
on the Move with Lance and Jimmy Riccitello

ewww...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iainbanks1 wrote:
Rob and Dede go 1,2 on Day 1 with Richard in 3rd and Steven in 4th. 17mins covering those four. Reports saying that riding conditions were amongst the best ever.

Words cannot describe what a beast Dede is. Seriously. I mean I'm not a bad biker and she finished a few seconds behind me. I literally had to resort to a 5x3 min vo2max workout during the last 3 miles to keep her at bay.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman WC [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah she is truly amazing. Great day for yourself though. What's your plan for recovery tonight and then tomorrow? I'm sure that Dede, Richard and Steven are going to bring it ahead of Day 3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What gearing are you using this year Rob?
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman WC [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeremyebrock wrote:

SRAM XPLR 1x (48t) with a 10-44 cassette

I thought the 48T would be too small but I got a downhill KOM so there is that.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
iainbanks1 wrote:

Words cannot describe what a beast Dede is. Seriously. I mean I'm not a bad biker and she finished a few seconds behind me. I literally had to resort to a 5x3 min vo2max workout during the last 3 miles to keep her at bay.

Although equally impressive that I was just behind her in the swim!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
jeremyebrock wrote:

SRAM XPLR 1x (48t) with a 10-44 cassette

I thought the 48T would be too small but I got a downhill KOM so there is that.

The downhill KOM must be from your built in bioprene later that also helped you float the swim but with all that useless bulk you must have had to go deep on the VO2max going uphill.

It should help you tomorrow morning though !!!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Nov 25, 22 19:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
iainbanks1 wrote:

Leanda said on the Move with Lance and Jimmy Riccitello that she's gunning for the overall win. I saw Tara (quite randomly) at the pool at University of Toronto when I was there for biz and she was pretty excited to go back. Rob has been on the big sauna-man taper LOL

Unfortunately for Leanda, she didn't make a turn and was off course for 8 miles and had to turn back. That's 16 miles of extra riding. Very hard to make up that time! Hope she comes back next year perhaps?
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman WC [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
iainbanks1 wrote:

Unfortunately for Leanda, she didn't make a turn and was off course for 8 miles and had to turn back. That's 16 miles of extra riding. Very hard to make up that time! Hope she comes back next year perhaps?

Disappointing for Leanda. Here's a post from her about it
https://www.instagram.com/...rce=ig_web_copy_link
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman WC [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
Disappointing and sounds like she wasn't the only one to miss the turn too.
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman WC [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's Ultraman, not Ironman. Requires a lot more personal responsibility and crew knowledge so you don't screw up!

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barry berg! What an animal.
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman WC [randomtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
randomtriguy wrote:
Barry berg! What an animal.

It is not like Ultraman is like Orienteering where an oxygen deprived athletes is trying to find the route. At Ultraman, you have a crew. This is largely on Leanda's crew, who of course work for Leanda who is CEO of team Leanda, so if her crew missed it, that is ultimately her fault. It is really too bad, but that is part of the game!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Cathy do you know where we can see live or semi live results ? I am wondering how Leanda Cave is doing on day 2 after Day 1 setback..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Hi Cathy do you know where we can see live or semi live results ? I am wondering how Leanda Cave is doing on day 2 after Day 1 setback..
She is consistently losing time to Dede...
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

https://foxhdsports.com/...8kpxoIULBKL5Fw7EF844

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ultraman WC [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I did not think about going to the UM Facebook page!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next