Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ultra cheater ultra roasted by SI- "porta-potty cheater"
Quote | Reply
https://www.si.com/...-porta-potty-cheater

Not just on MarathonInvestigations anymore. . .

Did not see the link posted, apologies if I missed it.

"In reality, he’d been quietly disqualified, a fact that was later disclosed by a former friend, Bob Bodkin. Agnew had struggled during the race, and he told people he wasn’t feeling well. But when Bodkin—who'd been well ahead of Agnew—crossed the finish line, he learned that Agnew had somehow passed him. Later, a commenter posting as “BB” on the website MarathonInvestigation.com reported that Agnew had missed multiple checkpoints and posted unrealistic splits in Vermont. “BB” noted that friends subsequently referred to cheating as “pulling a ‘Kelly’ move."
Quote Reply
Re: Ultra cheater ultra roasted by SI- "porta-potty cheater" [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“pulling a ‘Kelly’ move."

Wait? Since when is Mike Rossi no longer the go-to?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Ultra cheater ultra roasted by SI- "porta-potty cheater" [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, double letters strike again with Kelly this time.

Overall I thought it was very empathetic and compassionate, which is good in this day and age, but perhaps more than warranted in this specific case. From the article it seems like he ripped off one employer and probably a second, harassed women in the workplace and socially and cheated in a lot of races. Yet the article opens the door to redemption despite the protagonist apparently showing no remorse. I wonder if the Meza case has them worried about what could happen if they kick him while he’s down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks, I don't usually go to SI for ultra news ;-)

Good story, kind of Ultrarunner gothic..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought it was a well written article and good read.

Kelly Agnew does seem like he was a complete asshole in how he was treating others. Not sad at all to see his world come crashing down.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Double letters!

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply