Quote | Reply
What parts would I need to build this? I know I need:

FD-R8050 front derailleur
RD-R8050-SS rear derailleur
ST-R8060 levers
SW-R9160 TT shifters
BT-DN110 battery
SM-BCR2 battery charger and PC linkage

Other than that, which junctions and wires do I need? I assume a SM-EW90-B 5-port to plug the four shifters into with the 5th port running to the other junction that connects up with the RD. That's the part I'm confused with, what do I need from the RD to the 5-port up front?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Oct 14, 18 6:35
Quote Reply
Re: Ultegra Di2 R8050 components needed for one button and synchro shifting [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JC 41. It’s a splitter with 4 ports that u usually have attached by BB
Quote Reply
Re: Ultegra Di2 R8050 components needed for one button and synchro shifting [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out this thread on a write up that should give you all the info you are looking for: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=6572184

I believe you'll also require a Bluetooth wireless unit (WU111 or WU101) in order to utilize it.

Or instead of a EW90 junction A you could use a SC-MT800 or SC-M9051 display junction A instead that has built in Bluetooth wireless feature. But that adds some extra leg work for wire routing since they are 3 port.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Oct 14, 18 7:46
Quote Reply
Re: Ultegra Di2 R8050 components needed for one button and synchro shifting [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
JC 41. It’s a splitter with 4 ports that u usually have attached by BB
Second this suggestion

JC-41 are small enough that they could be hid anywhere. If the extensions have round diameters, one could even run a RS910 Junction A
Quote Reply
Re: Ultegra Di2 R8050 components needed for one button and synchro shifting [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would I need the Bluetooth wireless unit?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The wireless unit is what let’s you connect to a head unit and to a mobile device for configuration. I highly recommend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might need them but I'm not 100% since you are going with the latest gen Di2 stuff. Potentially you could run Syncro without since you are planning on running 8050/9150. But you won't be able to customize it for sure without a wireless unit or a PCE1 PC interface/diagnostic tool. Makes a difference when you are running different chainring and cassette combos as setting those determines the how the Syncro adjusts the gear changes. Anything other than a 53/39 up front and bigger than 25t on the cassette I believe.

If you use previous gen shifters/derailleurs (6870/9070) then you'll definitely need the Bluetooth wireless or the PCE1 to update the firmware to the latest version that runs Syncro shift.
Quote Reply
Re: Ultegra Di2 R8050 components needed for one button and synchro shifting [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The SM-BCR2 doubles as both a battery charger and PC interface, correct?

Last edited by: The GMAN: Oct 14, 18 12:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a battery, the SM-BCR2, two JC41's, the five port and some wires laying around somewhere from an old install on a previous bike. So I think I just need shifters and derailleurs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes it does but only on a limited basis as that isn't it's primary function. Not to the level that the PCE1 or Bluetooth will allow you to do and not as reliably as Slowman mentioned in an recent article write-up about Syncro shift. Maybe you can get away with just using the BCR2 only but if something really goes wrong you will need to use a PCE1 (in case of DN110 battery accidental bricking you've got to reset it with a PCE1 if the typical troubleshooting tricks don't work).

I'm looking to eventually get one myself but so far but waiting for a good deal on one. But yeah I do agree most likely you can get away with just using that. But I like to have all the tools on hand to do work myself for the convenience and not have to rely on the LBS.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Oct 14, 18 13:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
loxx0050 wrote:
Yes it does but only on a limited basis as that isn't it's primary function. Not to the level that the PCE1 or Bluetooth will allow you to do and not as reliably
I am pretty sure that the PC-based E-TUBE software behaves indentically whether it is connected through the dual function BCR2 charger or the legacy PCE1 interface. Further, I think it is the BT-based mobile app that has some limited capabilities versus the PC-based E-TUBE software.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure the BCR2 doesn't allow you do to the synchro shift, you need the BT-DN110 battery....I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Ultegra Di2 R8050 components needed for one button and synchro shifting [agreif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreif wrote:
Pretty sure the BCR2 doesn't allow you do to the synchro shift, you need the BT-DN110 battery....I think.

The BCR2 is the charger for the BT-DN110 and doubles as the PC adapter.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No need for the PCE1 or wireless unit to setup synchro shifting. You can do it all with the BCR2 and PC software.

I hear that the PCE1 will let you do more detailed diagnostics if you brick your system. One of those questions if you want to spend $140 and figure things out on your own or take it to the shop when things go south.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, meant the old battery, btr-2.
Quote Reply