Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ulrich - CSC - Team Coast
Quote | Reply
Ulrich's manager has announced he will give his decision on january 15th.
Apparently CSC has his preference but team coast has more money on the table...
Quote Reply
Re: Ulrich - CSC - Team Coast [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well Hamilton is still on CSC right? What type of domestiques does Coast have. I think Jan has a much better shot a 2nd place podium finish under CSC (assuming Tyler's still there) than he would on Coast.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Ulrich - CSC - Team Coast [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, Angel Casero and Alex Zulle would be very good domestiques actually (assuming there are still at team coast...not sure)
Zulle was the closest to Lance in the Tour...he only lost 1'30'' (and a demoralizing 6' in Passage du Gois which should never be in a cycling race again...)
As for racing for 2nd, you are going a bit fast here...
Even Lance does not think so...
Last time people said: they are all racing for second was when Riis took the Tdf from Indurain...
and after Jan's win in the TdF everyone said: that one is going to keep it for a while...
that said, Ulrich with Bjarne would be great...anything to have an exciting Tdf with a close finish!
Quote Reply
Re: Ulrich - CSC - Team Coast [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did Ulrich race at all last year? I know he missed the TDF after his drug bust. He's a big name but do you think he'll really be able to bounce back?
Quote Reply
Re: Ulrich - CSC - Team Coast [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it will be much easier to bounce back from where he is than to bounce back from where Lance was...

Ulrich is a great talent in cycling and despite Lance's 4 wins in the last 4 tours, Jan cannot be forgotten that fast.

Ulrich didn't race much last year due to an ongoing knee injury (that he has been struggling with for some years now). if he gets is under control (and I believe virtually any injury is curable) he will be a threat for Lance. Maybe most Lance fans believe this is not the case, but I am fairly sure Lance knows who the real threat for the 5th tour is...
Quote Reply