Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@BW_Tri wrote:
I hate defending dopers, Julie is not a “close friend” or anything. Just someone in my previous Tri club that tested positive for something she had no idea was illegal.

Doesn’t everyone “qualify” for AGNats? ;) /pink

Not sure if this helps you believe her, but she opt’d to wear a wetsuit at IMTX this year, not Kona slot eligible and no AG awards..........

Like I said, I viewed these 2 cases very differently.

I would challenge you to go ask peers in your Tri club if they know they need a TUE for T, if their doctor gives it to them for lowT. More so, ask your MOP/BOP club members, think you will be surprised by the lack of knowledge out there.

What was she taking that she did not know was illegal?
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [Gonefishin5555] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure that you took the "easy way out" so much as the smart way. Since your daughter's medication is only banned in-competition and her doctor is ok with her stopping it during competition, then that seems like the right decision.

The USADA website has all the information anyone needs to understand the process and rules. The Global DRO list is very easy to search to find banned substances. People just need to be made aware that these things exist.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Douche. Bag.

He posted a photo of his bike on the beach plus this on the day he was tested:

• patriotmultisportThe dictionary defines "ready" as being prepared mentally or physically for some experience or action. Are you ever AS ready as you'd like before a race? I know I'm not, because I look forward to the opportunity to learn lessons and improve myself and my performance for future events. Tomorrow as I toe the line with 2,500+ stories, goals and reasons for being in the sand I hope to find out something new about myself, perhaps a corner I've never peered into before. Good luck to everyone racing and thank you in advance to every volunteer and spectator making the day possible. To the loyal family of Patriots and Patriettes, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support and encouragement leading up to this day.
Odd that he'd leave that one up after obviously scrubbing the rest, as there's not one post-race photo about his podium, KQ, etc.

Honestly, I never saw him post a post race photo so I don’t think there was anything to scrub. Which I thought was weird for a guy that was gunning for kona and especially after apparently “missing out” (according to his support crew) at louisville 2016.

I did just find this....

https://instagram.com/p/BbIJhZPniEp/

Looks to be his gf maybe??

blog
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get what you're saying - but I think his point was that if they do not know how quickly his daughter's drug is metabolized, then they do not know how far out from the competition she needs to stop taking it. His doctor should know that information, so hopefully he understands it and can communicate it to the doctor.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [KaiserChief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yes, that's the cheater.

Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
mbwallis wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Douche. Bag.

He posted a photo of his bike on the beach plus this on the day he was tested:

• patriotmultisportThe dictionary defines "ready" as being prepared mentally or physically for some experience or action. Are you ever AS ready as you'd like before a race? I know I'm not, because I look forward to the opportunity to learn lessons and improve myself and my performance for future events. Tomorrow as I toe the line with 2,500+ stories, goals and reasons for being in the sand I hope to find out something new about myself, perhaps a corner I've never peered into before. Good luck to everyone racing and thank you in advance to every volunteer and spectator making the day possible. To the loyal family of Patriots and Patriettes, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support and encouragement leading up to this day.
Odd that he'd leave that one up after obviously scrubbing the rest, as there's not one post-race photo about his podium, KQ, etc.

Honestly, I never saw him post a post race photo so I don’t think there was anything to scrub. Which I thought was weird for a guy that was gunning for kona and especially after apparently “missing out” (according to his support crew) at louisville 2016.

I did just find this....

https://instagram.com/p/BbIJhZPniEp/

Looks to be his gf maybe??

and now *her* results are suspect...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've known for a while and suspected for much longer. Placid 2016 was the first time I heard friends mentioning use and the allegations got worse last year. I suspect the 4 year ban is related to all the rumors that have been around for ever.

ericMPro wrote:
what's the word in upstate NY right now??

Brandes wrote:
Thats him...

asellerg wrote:
Is this the Nick Gough of Patriot Multisport or another?

http://poststar.com/...df-033e44ec4c8b.html
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [drseamus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and what about both his training partner and his girlfriend?

drseamus wrote:
We've known for a while and suspected for much longer. Placid 2016 was the first time I heard friends mentioning use and the allegations got worse last year. I suspect the 4 year ban is related to all the rumors that have been around for ever.

ericMPro wrote:
what's the word in upstate NY right now??

Brandes wrote:
Thats him...

asellerg wrote:
Is this the Nick Gough of Patriot Multisport or another?

http://poststar.com/...df-033e44ec4c8b.html

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"In competition" is not the physical track location or the swimming pool. it refers to a period of time before, during and after the competition. I think it starts the day before and ends the day after. Actually I need to look up the rule for that. We did get advice on the half life of the drug and actually thinking about now I wish we had the TUE.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Far fewer rumors on the partner, but the results are pretty impressive...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my Instagram post she claims to have been tested. @omalley.ed

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
your post was deleted!

RowToTri wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No she commented on my own photo. She said she has her test results.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [drseamus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shouldn’t we all be looking at ourselves also. We’re the ones that have made this fertile ground for dopers. Guys like this and a lot of the other busted athletes seem to all gravitate to coaching. They’re using their doped up results to draw clients. We fall for it every time. Wow!’ Look how fast he is. I’m sure he must know what he doing with those results. Then said doper has to keep improving those results to sustain his/her business and continue stroke their own ego. And if this guy was doped to the gills, what’s it say about the others he’s racing against?
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [Gonefishin5555] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gonefishin5555 wrote:
"In competition" is not the physical track location or the swimming pool. it refers to a period of time before, during and after the competition. I think it starts the day before and ends the day after. Actually I need to look up the rule for that. We did get advice on the half life of the drug and actually thinking about now I wish we had the TUE.

It probably makes sense to get a TUE if she really needs it. It would seem without that you are just adding unneeded stress to your life and her life. As far as testing goes, I will say this, a few years ago I was living in Madison WI in a condo building that was also occupied by Jim Leonhard (professional NFL safety). I came down one day for a run and there was a USADA rep standing outside the door trying to get buzzed in. I saw the USADA shirt and I immediately assumed he was there to test Leonhard (I am not on whereabouts). Turns out he was from Chicago, and I probably shouldn't have known this, but he was actually there to test a 17 year Canadian high school soccer player that was there for a camp, tournament or something. So testing of younger athletes must occur to some extent.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know one of Nick's main training partners well (who left Patriot a while ago, but who you are maybe referring to) but from all accounts he's a stand up guy who would be unlikely to dope.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:

She was tested by USADA in 2017. I can only imagine it was at the same time as her bf.

https://www.usada.org/...thlete-test-history/

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone who was on his "team" for a very brief period of time, I feel obligated to respond a little. I'm not sure if he switched girlfriends since I last interacted with him but that result would be suspect for the last gf I've known him to have (around Placid 2016 she was just beginning to get into triathlon).

There had been some suspicion for a while, and I think I'm the one who you referred to that tipped you off about some former training partners of his. And Eric, if you remember the awards ceremony at LP that year, he was at our table and angry he didn't get an award... And then his times start dropping after that, hmmm.

I do feel bad for some of his team members, one of which I feel is being mentioned who has recently had some outstanding results. But to my knowledge it wasn't something that was encouraged in his team.

I'm not sure what's going on in terms of his team and such now. He owned a multisport store/ training center so that has to be tanking now. He is MIA on Facebook along with his business.
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [elrasc06] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife was also on the Patriot Multisport team for a short time. She was coached online, as we are in CA. My wife got very positive results from Nick's coaching. In her interactions with Nick, and meeting him when he was out in CA with HITS, at no time did Nick suggest, hint or refer to anything illegal. Yes, doping is in no way justifiable, but I don't think he encouraged it in any way with his team. But then again, we weren't there and don't have first hand knowledge of how things were done. The decision to use EPO appears to be strictly to aid his performance. The results of this suspension are going to be far reaching for a young man that seemed to have the best intensions when he started his company and began coaching.
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [thomtwg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say a guy like this did not let his athletes in on his secret, he would be too paranoid to get caught, and more importantly, it would tell others how he had done so well. That would not set well with his ego. I would say his athletes are probably more likely to be clean because of him, but wives and girlfriends, that another story. More trust there...
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
General response. How does he only get 4 years? Is there a more intentional form (drug wise) of cheating than EPO!?

I’m glad they caught him and wish they would do more to clean up the sport. It’s easy to deflect attention to the amateur level when there is an obvious issue at the top.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think 4 years is on the high end of bans, unless your name is Lance..(-;

But more importantly his business is going to suffer, or most likely disappear. He is going to have a penalty way worse than not being able to race, he will have to look for other work, real work. I'd say that was the real penalty here. And hopefully this one and the other coaches that have been caught will serve notice on the others out there that this is not acceptable behavior. Get busted for drugs, you lose your livelihood. I think that is a fair penalty..
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [sammydog1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sammydog1 wrote:
Shouldn’t we all be looking at ourselves also.
No.
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was on the team for a while, and we only found out recently, maybe a week or two ago. No notice of even being tested before the race. So to answer the question if it was encouraged or even talked about... no.

marceves.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bill Beyer took a Kona spot a few years ago in the ridiculous Executive Challenger. I remember his coach writing post after post about moving in with him as some sort of accountability partner. Stupid.
Quote Reply

Prev Next