Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT goes 140.6 for long distance nationals
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: USAT goes 140.6 for long distance nationals [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where in the world did they get that random distance from????

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was the "full" distance as well in 2019 @ Michigan Titanium
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is not the first time that USAT has done long distance national championships at Great Floridian in Clermont.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultra distance, not long distance. Long distance is still 70.3 distance in Miami in November in 2020.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT goes 140.6 for long distance nationals [vkanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vkanders wrote:
Ultra distance, not long distance. Long distance is still 70.3 distance in Miami in November in 2020.

Correct.

And qualification for Team USA for ITU Worlds will have (I believe) 16 spots per age at MiamiMan (70.3) and 2 spots per age at the Great Floridian (140.6).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Living an hour from Clermont I am seriously thinking of making this my 140.6 this year. I think people will be very surprised by the bike course. Something that will work in the locals favor.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wonderful news for Fred Sommer and the Great Floridian. Should bring more athletes to the event. Great time of the year for weather! Bike course roads are in fantastic shape with new pavement on "Sugerloaf" mountain! Z
Quote Reply
Re: USAT goes 140.6 for long distance nationals [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I'll be adding this to my calendar!

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: USAT goes 140.6 for long distance nationals [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anybody wants to train together in Clermont let me know. I have a good circle route hitting Buckhill and Sugarloaf over and over.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: USAT goes 140.6 for long distance nationals [vkanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vkanders wrote:

oh ok. I always thought USAT long distance was the longest and at odd distance of 3k swim 120k bike, 30k run

anyways, isnt the 70.3 in miami on fully open roads? That has to end... race should not be sanctioned if at least one lane not coned off in direction of traffic
Quote Reply
Re: USAT goes 140.6 for long distance nationals [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this is great. Too bad I won’t be doing that distance this year. But I’ve heard good things about Great Floridian.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
vkanders wrote:

oh ok. I always thought USAT long distance was the longest and at odd distance of 3k swim 120k bike, 30k run

anyways, isnt the 70.3 in miami on fully open roads? That has to end... race should not be sanctioned if at least one lane not coned off in direction of traffic

Yes, MiamiMan is on open roads.

USAT Long Distance has been and will be 70.3

USAT Ultra distance is 140.6

ITU Long has been the distance you noted. (Basically triple Olympic). This year it is 140.6 at Challenge Almere (they were given special permission) but then it is supposed to go back to 3k, 120k, 30k going forward, in 2021.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
vkanders wrote:

Yes it’s Miamiman

Hoping they change it in 2021 to Daytona CHallenge course.
Quote Reply