Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT draft-legal national championship - info/rumors on where/when it will be held?
Quote | Reply
The 2019 tri worlds Team USA draft-legal qualifier for the sprint distance will be labeled the draft-legal national championship for the first time this year. Does anyone have inside info/rumors on where this event is likely to be held and the date?

I'm guessing it will be held in Sarasota in the fall since they held the draft legal Worlds qualifier the past couple of years, but I'm not confident about that assumption since they haven't announced it officially and there were algae issues last year that forced cancellation of the swim.

I know that Cleveland will also have spots for Team USA at the sprint distance.

Thanks!
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jan 2, 18 8:58
Quote Reply
Re: USAT draft-legal national championship - info/rumors on where/when it will be held? [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
The 2019 tri worlds Team USA draft-legal qualifier for the sprint distance will be labeled the draft-legal national championship for the first time this year. Does anyone have inside info/rumors on where this event is likely to be held and the date?

I'm guessing it will be held in Sarasota in the fall since they held the draft legal Worlds qualifier the past couple of years, but I'm not confident about that assumption since they haven't announced it officially and there were algae issues last year that forced cancellation of the swim.

I know that Cleveland will also have spots for Team USA at the sprint distance.

Thanks!

I assume you're referencing the Draft Legal Sprint Triathlon because the Draft Legal Sprint Duathlon is in Greenville in April. I haven't heard anything, yet. The primary challenge, according to Bill Burnett who put on the first DL races in Clermont, is finding a suitable course (i.e. one where they can shutdown the roads or substantially restrict traffic like they did in Bend).
Quote Reply
Re: USAT draft-legal national championship - info/rumors on where/when it will be held? [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing it'll be attached to the Sarasota event in Oct. They only had algae problems because of a hurricane, as every other event there they've always had the swim. It's probaly the best DL venue you'll ever see at a race. The entire race goes around the lake for the bike and run. Can be very very windy and hot, but likely AG'ers would race in early AM so not that big of a deal. ITU World Cups are usually a mid afternoon start time frame, so would allow for the early morning races to fill that slot.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing yet as shown on the USAT site.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: USAT draft-legal national championship - info/rumors on where/when it will be held? [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sarasota would solve that pretty easily. They can shut down portion of road and feed traffic into other side of road. It's also not a heavy trafficed area (it's the backside of a mall, so there are other avenues to get around).

With there already being a itu event there that weekend, it would make it pretty easy to piggy back.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: USAT draft-legal national championship - info/rumors on where/when it will be held? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
I'm guessing it'll be attached to the Sarasota event in Oct. They only had algae problems because of a hurricane, as every other event there they've always had the swim. It's probaly the best DL venue you'll ever see at a race. The entire race goes around the lake for the bike and run. Can be very very windy and hot, but likely AG'ers would race in early AM so not that big of a deal. ITU World Cups are usually a mid afternoon start time frame, so would allow for the early morning races to fill that slot.

Thanks, Brooks! That makes sense.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jan 2, 18 10:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like race is officially in Sarasota the same day as the world cup, very exciting! I've registered a few days ago, any opinions on how stacked these might be now that it is a championship level event? The fields looked pretty small last year based on the results from the DL 2018 worlds qualifier in the same location.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's the information.

Maybe it'll actually be a TRIathlon this year. The last two years (NOLA '16 and Sarasota '17) were duathlons because of swim issues.

Edit: I assume you meant the DL Triathlon. The DU Duathlon Nationals were held in (pouring rain) in Greenville SC last month.
Last edited by: HandHeartCrown: May 7, 18 10:00
Quote Reply
Re: USAT draft-legal national championship - info/rumors on where/when it will be held? [Hackz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply