Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT Winter Triathlon National Championship
Quote | Reply
Seems like there is a lot of pessimism about races happening on board today so I thought I would post a positive update/race report. Last month the USAT Winter Tri National Championship happened in Anchorage and the race went off without a hitch and as far as I know no one got Covid. Everyone was in masks and 6 feet apart until the race started and then we naturally spread out. I felt very safe the entire time. I think there were 100 people in the race. The entire experience makes me very confident that small local races like this one can happen safely. I'm optimistic about the summer races in Alaska happening. I have also not seen anything about spread of covid in outdoor settings where people keep their distance, so I don't see why at least smallish local races cannot happen elsewhere this year. I had moments of 'should I' or 'shouldn't I go do the race' the week before, but I am very glad I did it and never felt at risk or too close to anyone.

I also want to really recommend this race to others. The course is beautiful. I live in Alaska so it was a no brainer for me to drive 3 hours to the race, do the race, and head home afterwards. And for others, it is actually a pretty easy flight. You can easily rent a fat bike and skis in Anchorage if you don't want the hassle of taking those with you on the plane (or more likely you don't have a fat bike of your own). Plus everyone who completed the race qualified for Team USA for next year's winter worlds.
Quote Reply