Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT System Maintenance
Quote | Reply
Portions of USAT's website are down for maintenance. The announced outage started on June 28 and will last until the end of today, July 2. Five days seems like an awful long time for maintenance.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT System Maintenance [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right, long time. Also, I am having trouble registering for an IM 70.3 because it keeps telling me that my USAT number is invalid. I'm 100% sure it's accurate. Is anyone else having registration issues?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT System Maintenance [rustyb04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, me too. bad day to send out the early registration links for Oceanside.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: USAT System Maintenance [rustyb04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If you need to register today, check out the "Outage Notice" on their website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They've updated the System Outage to reflect the system being down through July 4th...that's a full week of downtime. In the world of IT, with uptime goals of 99.999%, a week is a lifetime...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not quite as bad as the "let's have two completely different systems for data" that USA Cycling had when I was trying to do stuff in December 2016...but it's not great.

That being said, my guess is that they're doing a lot more than just a standard "maintenance" period and doing an overhaul of the data structure and management systems. And knowing that it's likely to be a small but mighty team attempting to do that lift, it's going to simply take time.

They did do a bang-up job doing my renewal and with customer service yesterday, so they've got that going for me?

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: USAT System Maintenance [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure the people there are trying their best. But I'd love to see USAT's website improve. Perhaps this is part of that, or perhaps it has to do with the recent realignment of the various regions. In the meantime, plenty of people are being required to buy one day memberships...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing that there is an API call between Active and USAT's database that is down, hence the one-day membership (and subsequent refunds).

The MyTimeToTri site does show what USAT can do when the handcuffs are off a bit from a design standpoint.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply