Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT 2020 ND Olympic/ sprint AGNC?
Quote | Reply
I was certain Cleveland was the host for AGNC 2018-2020, but now I’m hearing this summer is the last one.

Can anyone verify? Any chatter on 2020? My team was discussing Cleveland as a team race for 2020 with it only being a 3.5 hour drive, but it sounds like that might not be an option.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: USAT 2020 ND Olympic/ sprint AGNC? [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

AGNats are usually awarded for two years. If they've selected a 2020 site, we'll hear about it around the time of this years race (based on past announcements).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 2020 and 2021 location has been up for bid since January 2018. Bids were due in May 2018, but no announcements in over a year.

https://www.teamusa.org/...al-Championship-RFPs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe the plan is for USAT to maintain their schedule of moving the races every 2 years...

2001-2002: Coeur d Alene, ID
2003-2004: Shreveport, LA
2005-2006: Kansas City, MO
2007-2008: Portland, OR
2009-2010: Tuscaloosa, AL
2011-2012: Burlington, VT
2013-2015: Milwaukee, WI (heard it stayed a 3rd year here as a potential location in California fell through)
2016-2017: Omaha, NE
2018-2019: Cleveland, OH

USAT was in the Coeur d'Alene/Spokane area about 18 months ago looking to evaluate it as a potential site for the 2020-2021 events. Per the story in the local paper, USAT was down to three finalists and a USAT official was quoted saying "We expect to make a decision in early 2019" Given that it's a week from June, they are a bit behind which doesn't surprise me

https://www.cdapress.com/...20180906/worth_a_tri

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing to add. Just wanted to say that it took me a little while to figure out all of the acronyms in the thread title.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT 2020 ND Olympic/ sprint AGNC? [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wanted to go with “Oly” but I just hate how that sounds. Should have done “OD/ SD”

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2020? I'm still waiting for the announcement of a date/location for the 2019 Draft Legal AGNC.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: USAT 2020 ND Olympic/ sprint AGNC? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
2020? I'm still waiting for the announcement of a date/location for the 2019 Draft Legal AGNC.

I emailed USAT asking about it a few weeks ago and they said the announcement should be made by the end of May. So, hopefully this week....

Move on. Keep training. Be an adult.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT 2020 ND Olympic/ sprint AGNC? [Omelette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully we hear on both 2019/2020 draft legal and the 2020 olympic/sprint locations. Ease of travel has stopped me from even considering nationals in Cleveland - I have no interest in flying with my bike. I had the chance to race in the Aquathlon national champs when it was moved late in the year to Santa Cruz, and would love to race a championship again but with better fitness this time around.

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: USAT 2020 ND Olympic/ sprint AGNC? [Omelette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Omelette wrote:
gary p wrote:

I emailed USAT asking about it a few weeks ago and they said the announcement should be made by the end of May. So, hopefully this week....

Got this response from them in early April:

"Hi Gary, we're still working out some of the details, but expect a formal announcement on the date/venue sometime soon."

It's June, and still no word. Frustrating. At this point, I'm going to have to write this season's event off unless it's within a couple hours driving distance. Hopefully when they do announce, it'll be a multi-year agreement, and we'll know the "when and where" for at least the next year.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Jun 3, 19 11:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on rumor, hearsay & speculation, I predict the sprint draft legal to be held in Tempe in conjunction with the NEWS women's races in mid-November.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still nothing for 2020? Isn't this pretty late for a typical location announcement?

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Re: USAT 2020 ND Olympic/ sprint AGNC? [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRugby wrote:
Still nothing for 2020? Isn't this pretty late for a typical location announcement?

No. It's usually announced at or just after the current year's races. Why take the "shine" off the current race?
Last edited by: HandHeartCrown: Jul 2, 19 6:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like they’ve announced that DL nationals this year WILL be held in conjunction with NCAA nationals.
Quote Reply