Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT/USA Cycling membership question
Quote | Reply
If you are a current USAT member with an expired USA Cycling membership, can you take advantage of the combined membership offer? The only thing I saw is a link that takes you to active.com where you buy a new combine membership, nothing about renewal or anything.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT/USA Cycling membership question [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Judging by the lack of any response, I guess ST people aren't really interested in this promotion - either they already have both memberships, or few are interested in USA Cycling membership.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it. Both licenses had expired. Essentially, USAC sends you a promo code that eats the cost of your renewal during the typical process. USAT wasn't a smooth, but I emailed them and they triggered it manually.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
Judging by the lack of any response, I guess ST people aren't really interested in this promotion - either they already have both memberships, or few are interested in USA Cycling membership.

Can you share the link so we can do research for you?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT/USA Cycling membership question [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the page that announced the partnership: https://www.teamusa.org/...ing-Joint-Membership.

And this is the link on the page that takes you to active.com to buy the combine membership: https://endurancecui.active.com/...;_p=9186976890549339

I don't see anywhere in either my USAT or USAC login section to renew membership with this promotion. Maybe I need a promotion code but I don't know where to find it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just complete the process in the link. Once you have paid, each organization will reach out to you with instructions on how to proceed.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: USAT/USA Cycling membership question [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My situation is that I have a valid/current USAT membership till later this year, and have an expired USAC membership that I would like to renew. I am not sure if I am eligible to take advantage of this promotion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think there are any exclusions. Everything should transact as if you renewed a current license via the typical channels.

Below if from Liz Kollar who works for USA-C:

Liz Kollar The deal will expire on June 30 so as long as you renew and buy before then you will get the USAC license. Because our license expires on the 31st of December - if you renew now I believe your USAT membership get the extra months credited to it.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems like this only saves $10 over renewing both normally. Is that correct?

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if a 2020 date has been proposed yet? Hoping for late July like the current Whistler date, Early August while the traditional date is getting close to back to school for Texas Families

"Grab a Brew Don't Cost nothing"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe it counts for both new memberships and renewals for 2019. I hope they extend the offer for next year. We've got several members on our cycling team that are primarily triathletes, and like doing the state road/TT championships in which you need an annual USAC license.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took advantage of the deal and got everything sorted. Question is does USAC send out physical cards? I have never held a USAC license before. The USAT card already arrived.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: USAT/USA Cycling membership question [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both of mine were expired, so this made sense to me. It's a little wonky that the USA Tri one is for 365 days while the USA Cycling one is through the end of the year.

The USA Triathlon one was pretty straightforward. I was assigned a new member number instead of the one I have had most of the last 10 years.

The USA Cycling one sent me to their website where I had a 'code' to enter in that was worth the membership fee. I had to pay another $5 (separate transaction) for the anti-doping surcharge.

For me, this combo license made sense. It was probably the price of the USA Cycling license I was going to get anyways and then the two USAT daily licenses I would have needed anyhow.

USA Cycling charges $10 for a physical card to be mailed to you. It's an option at checkout. I would just take a screenshot of your license (with number) on your phone and use that in the future. It seems like the USA Cycling app (to show your license) crashes every time it's a cold morning in line at the registration tent. Saving a screenshot as a photo looks identical to them.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT/USA Cycling membership question [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$130 for both if done separately

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: USAT/USA Cycling membership question [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope they extend this offer next year as well as I have both USAT/USAC licenses and enjoy the variety of racing through the year.
Quote Reply