Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [crujones#33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crujones#33 wrote:
Ok Slowman,

Here is what I have to say.
1. I am aware that Jack is still a part of USAT in some capacity, perhaps the wording of my post was not the best
2. If you or anyone else think that cheating on your wife is even close to being on the same level of evil as spousal abuse you are a very ignorant, misinformed, and perhaps not real smart individual with some very distorted perspectives.
3. As a member of USAT I plan to make my voice heard on this issue and will be contacting friends, teammates, and acquaintances who are also USAT members to contact our organization and speak out about this man.
4. Based on your post here on this issue I don't think I will be participating on any more discussions or viewing this website ever again.

I hope that you can get some better perspective on this issue, our society is far too dismissive of domestic violence. Actually, we are far to permissive of all violence. It is a sad state of affairs in America when we just casually dismiss evil, heinous acts of violence as if they are simply routine mistakes that anyone can make. Violence isn't a mistake, it isn't a discussion point, and those who commit violent acts need to face more serious punitive measures.

I hope YOU can come down off your high horse and move somewhere where no one has to see or hear from you again. I despise people like you more than any other kind on earth. You are the type that walks around as though you are perfect and have the right to judge and persecute anyone you see fit. UNLESS you are perfect in every aspect of your life, just shut your mouth and move on, hypocrite. Yes, I said hypocrite. Anyone that posts in the manner in which you do, is a hypocrite because I KNOW you aren't perfect and I would bet my LIFE you have done something in your lifetime just as bad as Jack that you either didn't/did get caught doing. I am going to make my voice heard to USAT that you be banned from renewing your membership as you are a cheater in triathlon. Apparently you can walk on water.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [AMT04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How would you feel if this ended up as a Felony, which is what it started as. Guess what, crimes have punishment. Felons DO NOT get the same rights as the rest of us. Would you be ok with your local Representative beating his wife and lobbying for issues you care about? Would you still feel this way if she was your mother?

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Internet is an amazing place. Being opposed to domestic violence and making that opposition known means you're a hypocrite on a high horse.

And before we get there, no, I have never come even close to doing something as bad as beating on my partner. I was in a schoolyard fight in 6th grade and I break the speed limit while driving from time to time, if you want some ammunition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope YOU can come down off your high horse and move somewhere where no one has to see or hear from you again. I despise people like you more than any other kind on earth. You are the type that walks around as though you are perfect and have the right to judge and persecute anyone you see fit. UNLESS you are perfect in every aspect of your life, just shut your mouth and move on, hypocrite. Yes, I said hypocrite. Anyone that posts in the manner in which you do, is a hypocrite because I KNOW you aren't perfect and I would bet my LIFE you have done something in your lifetime just as bad as Jack that you either didn't/did get caught doing. I am going to make my voice heard to USAT that you be banned from renewing your membership as you are a cheater in triathlon. Apparently you can walk on water.

You appear to be under the impression that most people have committed horrible acts at some point in their life. Speaking for myself, nothing could be further from the truth. I have not even come close to doing anything on the level that he did, nor have any of my closest friends. No idea who you run with, but there are lots of us who can throw stones.

--------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by: bhc: Oct 14, 14 19:37
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
How would you feel if this ended up as a Felony, which is what it started as. Guess what, crimes have punishment. Felons DO NOT get the same rights as the rest of us. Would you be ok with your local Representative beating his wife and lobbying for issues you care about? Would you still feel this way if she was your mother?

His actions were the same, regardless of whether it was classified as a felony or misdemeanor. If it were my mother, I would want her to be far away from this guy. And I would still expect that he would have an opportunity to resume his life after paying the punishment he owed.

I assume most elected officials are guilty of things just as bad if not worse.

USAT is a service provider to me. I'm a member out of necessity so that I can participate in events I want. One of their volunteers has a past that I find shameful, but the organization itself doesn't seem to have done anything unethical. If I didn't associate or do business with any organization that had employees/volunteers with crimes in their past, I wouldn't be able to live life. Expecting that USAT refuse help from anyone with a crime in their past is absurd and hypocritical.

-Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [bhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lets hope you or someone you know ever screws up then.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
Not to make light of the situation (and I know its not the same severity) but if we substituted performance enhancing drugs for spousal abuse these same arguments would be made. EPO or spousal abuse is 2 year, 4 year or lifetime ban enough?

Agreed. We need to take a look at our rules/laws and make sure their appropriate. If they're not, we need to change them. In the meantime, if people are paying the punishment that the rules dictate, then attacking that individual is misguided.

-Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wrote to you since you know him, talked to him about this, and your post came off to me like you are supporting him. (Just like you did about lance at the beginning)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [bhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UNLESS you're a perfect human being, you can't throw a damn thing. Period!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AMT04 wrote:
Expecting that USAT refuse help from anyone with a crime in their past is absurd and hypocritical.

I'm fairly certain not a single person is suggesting this.

There is a suggestion that he shouldn't be in a leadership role, directly representing the membership.

That has nothing to do with him having a job or continuing his life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:

Wait, what? You have to be perfect to disapprove of domestic violence?

Didn't you "throw stones" in this very thread?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:

This is the reason I've never participated in public stonings.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [dhr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I simply pointed out where the coward OP purposely omitted his identity and then followed up every post as a Holier than Though individual who never ever made a mistake or did anything in his life he wasn't proud of. I know I am not perfect and when I come up short, I ask for forgiveness. When others come up short, I don't try and end their lives and take very measure possible to make their lives more hell than they already are. If the victim (wife) has forgiven him, the court is satisfied, then its done. I don't think the manner in which your card is issued every year or your results are affected, so let it be. Everyone involved is ok victim, courts, employer,) but some of you here, which aren't directly involved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you really think his potential resignation from the USAT Board would "end his life"?

Look, whether or not you care, he is in a leadership role representing the membership of USAT. The members absolutely are just in asking for his resignation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"Beating on a woman is not a mistake as you might have us believe. It is a despicable, hate filled, act committed by misogynistic bullies. You have no business being involved in our sport, you belong in jail. I am glad you are no longer part of USAT. Words can't express what a disgraceful, loathsome individual you are. Don't ever associate yourself with our sport in any capacity ever again."

i know i'm going to catch hell for this, but, here goes.

first, jack was in jail. at least, that's my understanding. are you saying he should be there forever?

second, jack is a part of USAT. still, he's on the board. which tells me really how closely you've been following this.

so, look, i understand that you hate the act of spousal abuse. as do i. but, whereas i really really really hate it, you really really really really hate it. is that helpful? is your extra "really" helpful?

let me tell you why you're very glad i'm not in charge of the code of conduct at USAT. i am kind of old school, i guess, because i stick cheating on wives right up there not too far below beating on wives. maybe even with it. so, if somebody who committed spousal abuse should never be involved in triathlon, at any level - on the board, as a race director, as a participant - if there's a lifetime ban for anyone who's hit his wife (as you seem to think appropriate), from my perspective what ought the ban to be for someone who's cheated on his wife? because, in my book, that's right up there.

the internet in general, and this forum in particular, is where flawed people get to let fly on other flawed people with all the righteous indignation that can be mustered. i don't think your post was helpful because, based just on the statistics on spousal abuse, something like 50,000 of our sport in the united states have been spousal abusers sometime in their lives, and double or triple that have cheated on their spouses. my view, there ought to be some way back from our sins. jack's wife would absolutely hate what you wrote. she would like some way back for her husband. that's her choice.

is there not a way to both abhor the act, abhor the behavior, require remorse, require recompense, protect our sport and our sport's federation adequately, and reasonably, soberly discuss what really ought to be our sport's posture toward lines that are crossed? your post sounds just so much like what has been written about meredith kessler. brett sutton. just waaay over the top text, where there's nothing other than binary choice between jail, hanging, lifetime ban on the one hand, which polarizes folks on the other side. this means whoever is responsible for the reasonable way forward can't include you in the discussion.

at some point somebody is going to have to come up with changes in our sport's code of conduct. and what really ought to happen to jack weiss as re his involvement in the future in triathlon and in the board of directors. grown ups will have to make these determinations. my question, do you really want to be a part of that discussion? or do you just want to be righteously indignant?

You're out of your fucking mind if you can put these two on the same spectrum. Seriously, go fuck yourself.

And Jack... you're not a man.
Last edited by: lakercr: Oct 14, 14 20:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He has every right to live out his life with the support of his family and friends. His actions should cost him the privilege of serving in a leadership role in the governing body of triathlon, however. Actions and consequences shouldn't be a difficult concept for you to understand.

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [dhr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has he failed you in any sort of way? Did your USAT card not get mailed to you in time? Are your results screwed up? IF his actions cause him to not be able to do his job, then ok, but if they didn't, quit your bitching. If you want to throw a 3rd grade tantrum about something, why don't you call the Whitehouse and demand something be done about ISIS or healthcare issues. Something that is in SERIOUS need of help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:
Has he failed you in any sort of way? Did your USAT card not get mailed to you in time? Are your results screwed up? IF his actions cause him to not be able to do his job, then ok, but if they didn't, quit your bitching. If you want to throw a 3rd grade tantrum about something, why don't you call the Whitehouse and demand something be done about ISIS or healthcare issues. Something that is in SERIOUS need of help.

Suddenly your me-centered worldview has some context.

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheating on wives right up there with beating on wives???? That is an insane way of thinking ... Yikes.

You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekGeek wrote:

THANKS OBAMA!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AMT04 wrote:
Runguy wrote:
Not to make light of the situation (and I know its not the same severity) but if we substituted performance enhancing drugs for spousal abuse these same arguments would be made. EPO or spousal abuse is 2 year, 4 year or lifetime ban enough?

Agreed. We need to take a look at our rules/laws and make sure their appropriate. If they're not, we need to change them. In the meantime, if people are paying the punishment that the rules dictate, then attacking that individual is misguided.

That's just... too rational. You'll never compete with the social justice warriors with responses like that.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [travis_lt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Srsly Travis, domestic violence isn't nearly as important as the threat of Ebola.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan, I have had many friends over the years who had either physically abusive and or verbally abusive husbands. Just bottom line low life folks.
I put these way way lover than folks who cheat, even though they are slime IMO also.

But talking to these women, I could never understand why they stayed with these guys? They were all scared to leave since how would they survive
since most were dependent on the guys for money. Over time, some of these women did finally break away and after they did, they never could understand
how they stayed in those relationships for so long.

If you look at the rules for USAT athletes, if we do some bad stuff I believe we are banned for 2 years. So how can a board member do something
so much worse and get away with who cares what he did/does in his personal life, there are no rules against it so who cares about ethics. This is the issue
I have reading Jacks two posts. I have seen this so many times with so many top folks in our government, etc. on TV lately. But usually the uproar
gets SO bad that they finally resign.

I am not making any judgment as to if Jack is a good guy or not. Or his wife. BUT, to have someone like this on our board, and then make the kind
of posts he has made, well, I guess I just expect our leaders in our sport to hold themselves to a higher standard lead by example, and understand
there is a time to leave and focus on trying to rebuild their lives.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [Lacticbath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Cheating on wives right up there with beating on wives???? That is an insane way of thinking ... Yikes."

to you, and to the fellow who told me to go fuck myself, i think you misunderstand. you assume i'm bringing wife beating down to the rather (i suppose) minor level of cheating on your wife. it's really the other way around. beating your wife is just unconscionable to me. it's just, so is cheating on your wife. to me, to my thinking, i just think it's a way worse act than a lot of other people consider it. but i'm not going to castigate you, or the go fuck yourself guy, for being so cavalier about cheating on your wives.

wait. did i just accuse you of being cavalier about cheating? that wasn't very nice of me, was it? i'll bet that made you mad. i apologize.

probably best if we don't accuse each other of "insane ways of thinking," or tell each other to go fuck ourselves. or for me to assume that you don't take your marriage vows seriously. it's probably better to try to soberly discuss an issue, each assuming that the other is a man (or woman) of goodwill.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been a life long Dallas resident and never did one of his races, way too many stories. The guy is just an abrasive personality without a brain, if you have read some of his replies to issues i am amazed that he was elected.
Quote Reply

Prev Next