Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [ironjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironjack wrote:
Please let me personally respond. Yes I pled to a misdemeanor and not a felony as you so inaccurately state, which was part of the entire procedure. The fact is I was offered and accepted deferred adjudication and if you read further, I have no conviction. Unlike Mr. Rice, there was no effort on my part or of the federation "to cover this up". The Federation was aware of it within 72 hours of the incident and monitored my progression thru the justice system. I did 80 hours of community service, I was on probation for 8 months and under Texas law was removed and case closed as a result of my good behavior and counseling. I did 8 weeks of group counseling and then another year of individual counseling. The Board had sessions on this in 2013 and one in 2014 which discussed this and the USOC was well aware of my issues.. Under the USAT By-Laws and the Code of Ethics I violated no rules or by-laws. My record is legally clean. Mr. Rice on the other hand along with NFL owners tried to cover it up, get the legal system to look the other way. I am a volunteer, I signed no morality clause and I have paid fully for my mistake. So unless you personally are without any mistakes in your life, I suggest you let this go. I do note that I am posting by my real name and ID, you on the other hand are not telling us who you are, so let me ask you, who's the real coward here??

I am more than a little troubled with your response. nowhere do you apologize or take responsibility, instead, you make it sound like you were a victim because of all the counseling and community service you did and that you have "paid fully for my mistake." Here is a FACT. you were charged with felony assault. the fact that you were charged with felony assault means it was something pretty severe or you used a weapon in hitting her, not just a shove during an argument. you were allowed to plead down to a misdemeanor. that does not mean you didn't commit a felony, it only means you were allowed to plead down, as are most abuser the first time they get caught. the fact that you did something severe enough to constitute a felony, leads me to believe this is not the first time you have abused your wife ..and then you try to further absolve yourself of responsibility by claiming what you did wasn't as bad as Ray Rice and that USAT didn't try to cover it up as did the NFL. at no time do you apologize, instead, you rationalize what you did as not that bad in every way possible, including calling the OP a coward. Only a coward abuses his wife. You ARE responsible for what you did, regardless of what they allowed you to plead down to. You not only show your character by abusing your wife, you show your character by your response to being called out for your behavior. You are the worst kind of coward, the kind that doesn't take responsibility for his actions and likely will belittle your wife tonight for the grief you get on Slowtwitch.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [2stepTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2stepTriGuy wrote:
ironjack wrote:
I am a volunteer, I signed no morality clause and I have paid fully for my mistake.
Really? Does anyone besides this accused felon (who pled down) and the board people who voted for him think someone charged with felony wife abuse should be on the triathlon board? Why are they protecting him? Its hard to believe the USOC didn't clean house with these guys.

what I found troubling about this aside from his lack on contrition, is the female pros already feel they are treated as less than equal by WTC. why would USAT indicate they too think less of the females by protecting a wife abuser?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understand the whole "how do we move forward" concern, but I first think we need some accountability for how he was elected treasurer in April, after he had already been tried in court for this and was serving his punishment. I'd like the usat president, Barry Siff (who I know frequents this board), to explain the following:
  • In April, seven members thought it appropriate for him to still lead the way as treasurer, and voted to empower him in that position.
  • According to the Chicago Tribune, the board only asked him to step down after that newspaper inquired about the case.

So, what happened between April and October? Ray Rice, and public outrage over the nfl's treatment of that case.

But apparently that wasn't enough for this board to ask for a resignation.

Apparently it took the Chicago Tribune asking about the case. In other words, once light was shone on the board, once the public became informed, the board became embarrassed of its action in April, and is trying to backpedal.

So my questions to Barry, and anyone else from the board who voted "yes" to Jack as treasurer:
  1. Why won't you stand behind your vote from April?
  2. Why would you vote for him when his crime was not known to usat members--but once the media became aware, why did you change your mind and ask him to step down as treasurer?

On the surface, this reeks of backroom cronyism and hush-hush dealings. Please explain to me why it's not. Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [TXProsecutor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First time poster with a name like "TXProsecutor" which gives the impression you know about the law but given the assumptions you make I seriously doubt you are truly a prosecutor. You made 2 assumptions that are off base and completely undercut your argument. Look back at the actual charge and put thought into it before you make your first 2 posts on here about the "facts" you think you know.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlwaysCurious wrote:
I understand the whole "how do we move forward" concern, but I first think we need some accountability for how he was elected treasurer in April, after he had already been tried in court for this and was serving his punishment. I'd like the usat president, Barry Siff (who I know frequents this board), to explain the following:

• In April, seven members thought it appropriate for him to still lead the way as treasurer, and voted to empower him in that position.
  • According to the Chicago Tribune, the board only asked him to step down after that newspaper inquired about the case.

So, what happened between April and October? Ray Rice, and public outrage over the nfl's treatment of that case.

But apparently that wasn't enough for this board to ask for a resignation.

Apparently it took the Chicago Tribune asking about the case. In other words, once light was shone on the board, once the public became informed, the board became embarrassed of its action in April, and is trying to backpedal.

So my questions to Barry, and anyone else from the board who voted "yes" to Jack as treasurer:

1. Why won't you stand behind your vote from April?
  2. Why would you vote for him when his crime was not known to usat members--but once the media became aware, why did you change your mind and ask him to step down as treasurer?

On the surface, this reeks of backroom cronyism and hush-hush dealings. Please explain to me why it's not. Thank you.

x2
Quote Reply
Post deleted by runningmanrick [ In reply to ]
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-BrandonMarshTX wrote:
Those 5 are ex/current elites. If you have been paying attention over the last couple of years (you generally seem to do so), then their votes may (or may not) have been cast in light of their ex/current elite standing and Jack's general attitude towards elites on the board and less towards the topic of discussion. I honestly have no idea on that, just throwing that out there.

Brandon, you are probably correct...

RunFAR Racing Services
http://www.Run-far.com
Team Cambridge
Hilltop Bicycle Repair
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Dan I knew his response was bogus.

Driving I5 so typing not easy.

I find it is interesting to see some who have not posted on this thread.

Texting and driving? You ass.

I just love when folks make anegative assumption. I did not say I was driving. I was a passenger at the time.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [pennib] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He could have done a great job but simply, I do not wish to be represented by a person who has engaged in beating his spouse.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
klehner wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

I just love when folks make anegative assumption. I did not say I was driving. I was a passenger at the time.

Wow.

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"The post you reference was edited by Dan. Take that as a message to figure it out yourself."

this is to you, to dave, and to john line. the posts that show my editing are simply to reduce the length of these unending lines across the page. this stuff:

when that is an unending line it widens the page, makes it hard to read. so, john line, don't make these long lines when you post. i had to edit dave's post because every reply to these posts faithfully includes the lines from the prior post.

that's the only reason for these edits.

How to make full width lines the proper way - http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
klehner wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Yeah, because the word "driving" that you used is so ambiguous.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [ironjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Disgusting. Completely disgusting. Who hits their wife? Makes me physically ill. You should be so ashamed of yourself. But I guess now that the OP has posted this you will be ohhhh sooo mad and certainly go beat the wife again. Awesome. I hope USAT gets that this is NOT what USAT is about. Totally disgusting.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [2stepTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly...now we are just like all the other sports! Now we need a few rapes, dog fighting pervs, and child kidnapping to make us whole.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always let someone else do the driving anytime I feel like driving drunk.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [Japryse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you think there aren't shady characters throughout the sport already then you're sadly mistaken. It's just that no one has outed them or stirred up that particular hornet's nest. Remember how a large number seem to condone cheating in the sport - even partaking in it. And that is often responded to on this board with equal vehemence & shock.

My curiosity: why was this just brought to light in the paper within the past few weeks? Who brought it to their attention & whatever magical moment happened to stir that up? My guess would be that a little birdy mentioned something to a particular reporter - maybe someone with a chip on their shoulder - & provided enough information for said reporter to follow the lead. (Note: that is purely my speculation. I reached out to the author of the story who didn't confirm his lead.) From there it's public record 101 & phone calls.

If the info has been out there - and it has - & Jack has paid his dues as far as restitution - which he has - then why is it just becoming this debacle now? Where was the witch hunt when USAT was having elections & the people in Texas - that Jack represents, that know him & work alongside he & Esther everyday...if you want to change things in this organization you have to do more than burn crosses, bras & throw pitchforks on the Slowtwitch pages.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As with Tri-Banter, I don't think you understand what a "witch hunt" is. Witches aren't real and innocent people paid the price for being accused of being one. Jack Weiss is not innocent. He is a convicted and admitted wife abuser. The people who want him to resign (of which I am one) aren't on a "witch hunt."

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's worse than wife beaters? The ones who defend them. Just messed up people justfyjng Bubbas behavior. Great reply. Ha.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:
First time poster with a name like "TXProsecutor" which gives the impression you know about the law but given the assumptions you make I seriously doubt you are truly a prosecutor. You made 2 assumptions that are off base and completely undercut your argument. Look back at the actual charge and put thought into it before you make your first 2 posts on here about the "facts" you think you know.

Charles, maybe you should go ahead and enlighten the rest of the thread as to your involvement here.

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [Japryse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Japryse wrote:
What's worse than wife beaters? The ones who defend them.

Just so we are clear based on this thread/forum it goes something like this:

murderer
someone who defends a wife beater
actual wife beater* but not someone who cheated on their spouse
person who cheated on their spouse
drafters
people who take up too much space in transition
everyone else
kittens and puppies

do I have this correct?

*the issue is spousal abuse and not specific to gender
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
Japryse wrote:

murderer
Changing tent pissers
drafters
everyone else
kittens and puppies

do I have this correct?

Fixed it for you.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
Japryse wrote:

murderer
drafters
everyone else
kittens and puppies

do I have this correct?

T2 Pee Person even with murder.
Sexual Assault Coach is up there, too.

Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [get2T2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Lance was up there above murderer, when did that change?
get2T2 wrote:
mrtopher1980 wrote:
Japryse wrote:

murderer
Changing tent pissers
drafters
everyone else
kittens and puppies

do I have this correct?

Fixed it for you.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least Lance pissed in a cup and not at the entrance to a changing tent. That puts him below changing tent pisser in my book.

pattersonpaul wrote:
I thought Lance was up there above murderer, when did that change?
get2T2 wrote:
mrtopher1980 wrote:
Japryse wrote:

murderer
Changing tent pissers
drafters
everyone else
kittens and puppies

do I have this correct?

Fixed it for you.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [get2T2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
get2T2 wrote:

Fixed it for you.

ah good call yes forgot.

In regards to lance I was thinking more class of people not individual people. Also personally I don't really give a crap about lance, I say that in the context of just not giving a crap about him at all period, like I don't give a crap about George Clooney, or a baseball player, or anyone else famous.
Quote Reply

Prev Next