Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USADA Anonymous Tip Line
Quote | Reply
I listened to Triathlon Taren's youtube video on age group doping in triathlon. (I didn't know who Triathlon Taren was until ST.)

His video led me to a few other related links which, which in turn, led me to some questions.

1) Has anyone ever turned an athlete in?? Is so, why did you give the tip? What made you really think this athlete was doping?
2) Do you know the outcome? Were they tested?
3) If you've wanted to turn someone in but haven't, what stopped you?

A lot of us want clean races. Is this a viable tool to move us closer to a fair race if age group doping is truly a problem? If it is, why aren't more triathletes getting caught based on the assumption it's a bigger problem than we know it is.
Quote Reply
Re: USADA Anonymous Tip Line [Petrus101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Petrus101 wrote:

1) Has anyone ever turned an athlete in?? Is so, why did you give the tip? What made you really think this athlete was doping?

There have been for sure been some comments in other threads and I am not sure if there is a dedicated thread to this specific topic or not but people have definitely turned people in before. Maybe it was someone bragging about it or actually saw something. I know of someone personally who lived in kind of a triathlon commune house and they turned someone in else in the house. The person was never caught and did not test positive in that case but again that was many years ago before we started to see more testing of AGers.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Oct 26, 18 10:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would call the tipline in a heart beat IF I had objective evidence the person was cheating. I certainly have suspicions about some people, but that is not sufficient.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm considering calling in myself so I can get some free bloodwork done.
Quote Reply
Re: USADA Anonymous Tip Line [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called on two people I am certain were doping. They occasionally trained in our group and after awhile started discussing it with a few of us assuming that we were involved too. I lived in the US for uni at the time and multiple people reported them. The continued racing and taking slots from more deserving athletes. They were never questioned, never tested. I'm sure they are still doing the same shit today.
Quote Reply