Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [David B] [ In reply to ]

I agree, and I hope he comes clean as well.

I just can't wait to see the positive impact this conclusion will have on the global economy... assuming the hard core Lance haters channel all of that negative energy into doing something productive.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]

For all the abuse he took following the WTC ban, Messick must wake up every morning and think, I'm glad we didn't eff that one up.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [David B] [ In reply to ]

David B wrote:
I wonder if he will finally come out and admit it now. I'd gain some respect back for him if he did. He's still an amazing athlete but a cheat is a cheat.

What difference would it make? Seriously? We all know that he did it. He knows that everyone knows he did it. Will admitting it make him any better of a person?

For legal reasons he can't admit it. He testified under oath that he never took PEDs so the only way he will admit it is if he gets a deal that says if he comes clean he won't go to jail for it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [BLeP] [ In reply to ]

"Will admitting it make him any better of a person?"

Well, it might dispense with some of the hyperbole used at his expense by some. It rivals the hyperbole used in his support when he was crushing the competition.

As for going to jail, isn't it quite possible that those who can call him to task for perjury already have enough evidence to do so, even without a confession? Put another way, I don't think remaining silent on this is buying him much protection from the legal ramifications he's facing, whether criminal or civil. He's going to pay dearly for the ill-gotten gains and we're all going to have ringside seats to the destruction of Lance Armstrong. Given the money and lawyers involved, though, it's not likely he would do actual jail time. Of course with the right judge, that's not a foregone conclusion. At any rate, I would put highly favorable odds that LA and his legal team are already in heavy discussion internally, if not negotiations externally with an eye toward a confession. I don't think we'll see it until after the two other arbitration cases are complete, though. And that could take a while.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [ In reply to ]

we have a fresh, new thread on the lance news of today, as you'll note. in an attempt to keep this threads down to a reasonable number, i'm locking this one and we'll all move over and have a several-thousand-person circle jerk on the new thread.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Prev Next