Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [AJHull] [ In reply to ]

AJHull wrote:
ericM35-39 wrote:
first of all, lie detectors are pseudo-science... but I'd be interested in anything in the literature that speaks to a sociopath's abilities to pass one when lying vs. a normal person's. Could be why he wants all the rest to take one too, although I don't understand the logic.

I'm starting to wonder if #7 really really thinks he's innocent.

I also wonder if that Hermann guy knows how stupid he sounds.

Please, please please start calling him -7. The only way he should be associated to the number 7 is if there is a big minus sign in front of it to remind everyone of the epic failure he has become.

I think the Bernie Madoff of cycling is more apt.
he had foundations also

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Garry] [ In reply to ]

"I think the Bernie Madoff of cycling is more apt." (Garry)

And these silly extremes only cloud USADA's case.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [mattreg3] [ In reply to ]

Just reading Tyler Hamilton's book. The main emotion I feel is sadness. I am somewhat new to cycling, so did not know a lot of the history,and I tend to believe in the positive side of athletes.

It's obvious now that pretty much all the top cyclists doped. I was particularly saddened to read that Michael Barry admitted as well. His writing was so infused with the love of the sport and it seemed that mild-mannered Canadians wouldn't inject EPO. Wrong.

The only good I can see is that it's all in the open finally, and we can move on from here.

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]

Holy cr@p....crazy Uncle Phil has really gone off the deep end.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...armstrongs-supporter

My favorite part:

Quote:
I had an email from an eminent scientist from the US yesterday. An SMS actually. It said if Lance Armstrong had taken the drugs outlined by USADA he’d have been dead ten years ago. He’s an eminent scientist and a very intelligent man. I don’t know his name, the SMS came from a secondary person.”

Wow.....just wow.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Power13] [ In reply to ]

see? all you haters gotta give it a rest. apparently even Lance's tolerances are world class.

Cry me a river Phil. He finds it depressing he still has lucrative TV contracts? I used to really enjoy Phil's commentaries, but he is unfortunately proving himself to be a bit of an idiot over this affair. I can only assume he thinks he knows which side of his bread is buttered and that supporting Lance is in his best interests, though I don't really see how. He seems not to have realised there has been a major tide shift within the sport, and he's been left stranded on the beach.

And as for him saying "but Lance told me he was clean and I have no reason not to believe him". That's just laughable. I can think of a few million reasons why Lance might not tell the truth. Sad, Phil, sad.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]

Phil needs to be fired.

Suffer Well.

There's one thing that really bugging me is if Lance is really innocent in this whole doping thing, then why can't he face the accusers and set the story straight.
Is it because the facts and evidences are too overwhelming?

Phil reminds me of Fred Cusick towards the end.

Fred was the Play-By-Play for the Boston Bruins for decade plus and at the end, he was pretty much senile. It was a juxtaposition of sadness and humor to hear him call a game and watch and hear Derek Sanderson politely making corrections, but wow... some of the things Fred said.

As for Phil... Most people don't want to know the truth. They know they are wrong. They know deep down they are lying to themselves and deeply delusional, but their whole world is built around a false notion, and accepting the truth is devastating and seriously would blow their mind.

You want to see what would happen to Phil if he finally accepted the truth and reality? That LA doped, doped regularly and often and was extremely dirty?

Would look something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI3NoBeNwfk

Classic scene, but serious... That is exactly what would happen to Phil if he actually accepted the truth

Power13 wrote:

My favorite part:

Quote:
I had an email from an eminent scientist from the US yesterday. An SMS actually. It said if Lance Armstrong had taken the drugs outlined by USADA he’d have been dead ten years ago. He’s an eminent scientist and a very intelligent man. I don’t know his name, the SMS came from a secondary person.”

Wow.....just wow.

The two are also partners (with others) in a Ugandan Gold mine.

-- Aaron Davidson

Reading this makes me content that nowadays I have to watch cycling on French Eurosport with Jacky Durand, Christophe Moreau and Richard Virenque.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [aarondavidson] [ In reply to ]

aarondavidson wrote:
Power13 wrote:

My favorite part:

Quote:

Wow.....just wow.

The two are also partners (with others) in a Ugandan Gold mine.

And Liggett also gets speaking engagements through lance as well.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Me_XMan] [ In reply to ]

Me_XMan wrote:
There's one thing that really bugging me is if Lance is really innocent in this whole doping thing, then why can't he face the accusers and set the story straight.
Is it because the facts and evidences are too overwhelming?

Has anyone else noticed that Lance has gone completely quiet on Twitter. He must be too busy playing with his kids.

http://www.bobswims.com/

"If you didn't swallow water in your last open water race, you weren't racing"
Last edited by: E=H2O: Oct 15, 12 11:54

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [E=H2O] [ In reply to ]

To be fair, it's a good bet his team of lawyers have reigned him in and told him to clap it shut outside of some very controlled messages.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]

TriBriGuy wrote:
To be fair, it's a good bet his team of lawyers have reigned him in and told him to clap it shut outside of some very controlled messages.

If I was his lawyer I would tell him to not go out in public and let me do all of the talking. (So far so good) Did LA show up and swim at the Travis Lake 10 mile relay on Saturday? He and his team were entered. Does anyone know if the bookies in Vegas are taking bets on whether he will show up to be recognized at any of the Livestrong 15th Aniversity events this week? I believe there will be a big I Love Lance banquet in his honor.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]

Scott LeMond posted this on Twitter this evening:

"Oh Phil, i remember during stage 9 of the 2007 Tour, how you were talking about how dirty Lance was, good times."
"@nyvelocity Yep, standing around talking at the finish, Phil and Paul were talking about how lance was the biggest cheat."

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [r0bh] [ In reply to ]

r0bh wrote:
Scott LeMond posted this on Twitter this evening:

"Oh Phil, i remember during stage 9 of the 2007 Tour, how you were talking about how dirty Lance was, good times."
"@nyvelocity Yep, standing around talking at the finish, Phil and Paul were talking about how lance was the biggest cheat."

Everyman for himself?

Phil's interview is at the bottom

http://www.abc.net.au/...313246?section=sport

And his "I know nothing" statement today

http://www.theroar.com.au/...-where-to-from-here/

Re: A Question Only [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]

All of this makes you wonder why the Feds ever dropped the case? Pretty clear they had the type of evidence they needed to prove systematic team sponsorship of doping. Rumor is decision was based on politics.

Re: A Question Only [TxDude] [ In reply to ]

TxDude wrote:
All of this makes you wonder why the Feds ever dropped the case? Pretty clear they had the type of evidence they needed to prove systematic team sponsorship of doping. Rumor is decision was based on politics.

Let's just say that some people noticed that some very big names in some very big sports would come tumbling down if it continued.

Re: A Question Only [nedbraden] [ In reply to ]

I've always thought that too. Except for me, it's all the more reason to push forward. Can you give a source? Mine was common sense, so no worries if you don't.

nedbraden wrote:
TxDude wrote:

Let's just say that some people noticed that some very big names in some very big sports would come tumbling down if it continued.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: A Question Only [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]

" PED use in say olympic triathlon is less usefull than say ironman distance I would say."

In the 70's East German women swimmers used PED's and destroyed the world with their swimming - in races that lasted 60 seconds. PED's give a huge advantage no matter the sport or duration of actual race - it's all about how it affects training!!!

Re: A Question Only [nedbraden] [ In reply to ]

nedbraden wrote:
TxDude wrote:

Would they really have to reveal all? During puerto, Spain did pretty good (sigh) at covering football, tennis...

Re: A Question Only [Francois] [ In reply to ]

Francois wrote:
nedbraden wrote:
TxDude wrote:

Would they really have to reveal all? During puerto, Spain did pretty good (sigh) at covering football, tennis...

Barry Bonds. Roger Clemens. Andy Pettitte. Miguel Tejada. Eric Gagne. Mitchell Report had significantly larger and more popular athletes than our little sport of cycling.

Re: A Question Only [tranzformer] [ In reply to ]

Nedbraden hinted to new names coming out.

Re: A Question Only [tranzformer] [ In reply to ]

Since you've mentioned the Mitchell Report. Here are the conclusions of that report (See 4.) :

"Mitchell expressed his hope that readers of the report will look past the players' names that are included in the report and focus on the conclusions he reached during his investigation. Mitchell presents his conclusions in five sections.[12]

1. Major League Baseball's 2002 response to steroid use resulted in players switching from detectable steroids to undetectable human growth hormone.[12]
  2. The use of performance-enhancing substances by players is illegal and ethically "wrong."[12]
  3. While players that use illegal substances are responsible for their actions, that responsibility is shared by the entire baseball community for failing to recognize the problem sooner.[12]
  4. An exhaustive investigation attempting to identify every player that has used illegal substances would not be beneficial.[12]
  5. Major League Baseball should adopt the recommendations of the report as a first step in eliminating the use of illegal substances.[12]

Prev Next