Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: A Question Only [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]

right, but if you're a clean athlete having the day of a lifetime you can go deep deep into the well for an OD race and mistakes won't cost you as much as in an IM. IM distance mistakes are magnified... it's not a linear or proportional relationship for short course stuff.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: A Question Only [triathlonshots] [ In reply to ]

triathlonshots wrote:
FJB wrote:
I could name some other non-American sports and certain countries which had or still have problems with drugs in sports.

Yeah but could you name a single sport or country free of drugs in sports?

that is a tough one, lets say Pitcairn island id PED free? But really I think some sports don't lend themselves so well to PEDs. Like say golf which requires a lot of technique, a calming drug may help but i doubt it and it is a bigger money making sport than cycling. To me cycling is very prone to PED use, because the benefit is always going to show in results. PED use in say olympic triathlon is less usefull than say ironman distance I would say.
Some countries have histories of very high PED use like the eastern block countries before the wall come down. But there are others also.
I am dissapointed in the extent of the now proven allegations against LA but I don't see him as a reflection of USA sports people. He is a reflection of professional cycling and as the top benefactor of it, the public, sponsors, fans, cyclists etc need to know the truth.

G.

I posted this earlier somewhere, but golfers have experimented with PED's. There have been rumors (And rumors only) that a few of the more built golfers have used steroids, and in the book "A Good Walk Spoiled", they talked with a golfer (I forget which one, one of the top golfers around 1993ish) that said he had experimented with beta blockers to keep HR controlled, but then he couldn't get that good surge when he needed it.

Daly (Not that anyone really pays attention to him) had a big stink when he was suspended accusing tour players of all kinds of PED's and was going to be a whistleblower but nobody really paid attention.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Hanaki] [ In reply to ]

good point about 2006. This is Festina Affair all over again. Levi and George are disgusting. Astana and Katusha have former #7 teammates and Brunyeel portages.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: A Question Only [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]

You can make more mistakes in OD race than an IM and not suffer? At the ITU level, mistakes most certainly will cost you. Hell, these are races that are decided by seconds. I'd say in OD races, especially in ITU, mistakes are more maginfied because the consequences can be greater.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com

Re: A Question Only [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]

BDoughtie wrote:
You can make more mistakes in OD race than an IM and not suffer? At the ITU level, mistakes most certainly will cost you. Hell, these are races that are decided by seconds. I'd say in OD races, especially in ITU, mistakes are more maginfied because the consequences can be greater.

Yes. The shorter the race, the bigger impact of mistakes. Go off course for :45 secs in a sprint and you are toast. :45 in an IM is much less impact.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]

ericM35-39 wrote:
first of all, lie detectors are pseudo-science... but I'd be interested in anything in the literature that speaks to a sociopath's abilities to pass one when lying vs. a normal person's. Could be why he wants all the rest to take one too, although I don't understand the logic.

I'm starting to wonder if #7 really really thinks he's innocent.

I also wonder if that Hermann guy knows how stupid he sounds.

Please, please please start calling him -7. The only way he should be associated to the number 7 is if there is a big minus sign in front of it to remind everyone of the epic failure he has become.

Last edited by: AJHull: Oct 14, 12 11:50

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [AJHull] [ In reply to ]

AJHull wrote:
ericM35-39 wrote:
first of all, lie detectors are pseudo-science... but I'd be interested in anything in the literature that speaks to a sociopath's abilities to pass one when lying vs. a normal person's. Could be why he wants all the rest to take one too, although I don't understand the logic.

I also wonder if that Hermann guy knows how stupid he sounds.

Please, please please start calling him -7. The only way he should be associated to the number 7 is if there is a big minus sign in front of it to remind everyone of the epic failure he has become.

How about just Lance? Or maybe that effing doper?

John

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [FJB] [ In reply to ]

This may have been addressed, I'm still wading through this thread as time allows, but he said during the court proceedings to squelch the USADA case that he wasn't going to talk about it, just moving on. So he'll pretend none of this matters, ignore questions or side step it all, and keep on keeping on.

When the fed's suddenly dropped their case (in the face of negative public opinion about the cases against Bonds and Clemons), he said he was done fighting. I thought when he said that there must be something else looming. Once the USADA case was announced, he said he wasn't going to talk about the past, just going to continue to work for the foundation. Don't wait for LA to react, listen to what he says and consider it as foreshadowing.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Devlin] [ In reply to ]

Devlin wrote:
AJHull wrote:
ericM35-39 wrote:

How about just Lance? Or maybe that effing doper?
Maybe, "The Choad"?

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Power13] [ In reply to ]

Here's the interview. The lawyers response is comical. He's a clown working for a circus. It has made big headlines today, but basically says that he doesn't know if LA would take one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/...t/0/cycling/19941445

Listen to the short interview. Even this guy is running out of things to say.

http://www.bobswims.com/

"If you didn't swallow water in your last open water race, you weren't racing"
Last edited by: E=H2O: Oct 14, 12 17:30

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [QRNub] [ In reply to ]

Australian legend 'witnessed Armstrong bribe'

Apparently the video will be shown tonight on Australian TV (it's not the video on the web page). Can it really be this bad? Can LA be this dumb? I've always believed he is very smart. Maybe not all of the time.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-15/australian-legend-witnessed-armstrong-bribe/4312558?section=sport

Last edited by: E=H2O: Oct 14, 12 17:38

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [AJHull] [ In reply to ]

Any olympic swimmers dope ? Have they in the past ?

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [E=H2O] [ In reply to ]

This was publicized when it originally happened in the 90s. Way old news. And cycling and paying for victories is relatively commonplace.

Vino recently was in the press for this fact after his email account was hacked and evidence of a bribe was found.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/12/news/magazine-alleges-alexander-vinokourov-bought-2010-liege-bastogne-liege-victory_199358
Last edited by: mlinenb: Oct 14, 12 17:28

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Hanaki] [ In reply to ]

The latest nonsense just reinforces what a coward Lance is. His lawyer is doing all the talking while he's gone into hiding. At least the others came forward and faced the music; Lance sent someone else to do it for him.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [dennis] [ In reply to ]

dennis wrote:
Any olympic swimmers dope ?

You bet.

Quote:
Have they in the past ?

So many times I can't count.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [mlinenb] [ In reply to ]

mlinenb wrote:
This was publicized when it originally happened in the 90s. Way old news. And cycling and paying for victories is relatively commonplace.

Vino recently was in the press for this fact after his email account was hacked and evidence of a bribe was found.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/12/news/magazine-alleges-alexander-vinokourov-bought-2010-liege-bastogne-liege-victory_199358

"Alexander Vinokourov plans to start his 2012 racing season — hopefully his last — at the Settimana Internazionale di Coppi e Bartali at the end of March. There’s just one hitch: he doesn’t know how much the race is worth.
When Vino won the 2010 Leige-Bastogne-Leige, he supposedly payed Alexandr Kolobnev 100,000 euros not to contest the final sprint for victory. However, the Kazakh rider has yet to figured out what the race is worth should he find himself in a position to win.
“He’s thinking somewhere around 25 to 30 thousand euros,” said an unnamed source at Astana. “It’s not a classic like Liege and it’s early in the season so it’s difficult to determine.”"

http://www.atwistedspoke.com/...oppi-e-bartali-race/

Some stories never die.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Doru] [ In reply to ]

Bassons is a incredibly gracious
http://www.guardian.co.uk/...armstrong?CMP=twt_gu

Re: A Question Only [Hanaki] [ In reply to ]

While USADA might not be able to touch her, to the best of my knowledge France and Italy (and I believe other European countries) have laws against doping and sports fraud.

Re: A Question Only [QRNub] [ In reply to ]

QRNub wrote:
While USADA might not be able to touch her, to the best of my knowledge France and Italy (and I believe other European countries) have laws against doping and sports fraud.

That is just silly talk. There are 26 actual dopers in the report and you think some prosecutor in Europe is going to go after the ex wife of Lance??? for something that happened years ago

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [E=H2O] [ In reply to ]

E=H2O wrote:
Here's the interview. The lawyers response is comical. He's a clown working for a circus. It has made big headlines today, but basically says that he doesn't know if LA would take one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/...t/0/cycling/19941445

Listen to the short interview. Even this guy is running out of things to say.

The next thing to make the news....Lance will look into the camera as he "tries" to fit on his bike glove and say "See, it could not possibly been me!"

Hanaki wrote:
QRNub wrote:

That is just silly talk. There are 26 actual dopers in the report and you think some prosecutor in Europe is going to go after the ex wife of Lance??? for something that happened years ago

However, I would advise Lance not to travel to Europe.

I agree, the likelihood of her being charged is slim, but the possibility exists. I think there are 11 actual dopers of 26 witnesses in the report and KA might make an interesting 12th or 27th subpoena if a certain someone should happen to be investigated.

Has LA actually addressed this release of evidence and testimony yet?

Besides this lame tweet of course... https://twitter.com/...s/256217951135469568

Re: A Question Only [rj2501] [ In reply to ]

Nope, and don't expect he will. He's moving on, not gonna worry about the past, not gonna talk about "it."

QRNub wrote:
Nope, and don't expect he will. He's moving on, not gonna worry about the past, not gonna talk about "it."

Armstrong is good at saying one thing and doing something else; At half full, Lance mentioned the ban no fewer than 6 times during his "Lance Unplugged". Only the first time was in response to a question regarding why he was at half full and not somewhere else. If you dont think this is a guy who fixates on things, you dont know what youre talking about.

Prev Next