Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: A Question Only [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]

Yeah, that should've been in pink. Sarcasm, like jokes, is much funnier when you have to explain it.

Re: A Question Only [eganski] [ In reply to ]

eganski wrote:
Yeah, that should've been in pink. Sarcasm, like jokes, is much funnier when you have to explain it.

I see what you did there.

Re: A Question Only [eganski] [ In reply to ]

wow, was that meta-sarcasm?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: A Question Only [Francois] [ In reply to ]

Francois wrote:
Come on mate...Eric posts a lot here. It was pretty clear he was joking given his stance on the topic.

I'm obviously obtuse this morning, missed it completely.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |

Re: A Question Only [Devlin] [ In reply to ]

Read eganski's post and learn ;-)

Re: A Question Only [Bman925] [ In reply to ]

>WTC will fire the USADA in their role as doping authority inasmuch as they have admitted as part of the Armstrong case they cannot provide an analytical positive.

In USADA terms a non-analytical positive carries exactly the same weight as an analytical positive. They've been around for a long time. Lance is far from the first. And USADA produced a pretty clear non-analytical positive. So clear that I'd weigh it far higher than a single positive drug test, given the documented uncertainties and failure conditions endemic to drug testing. Putting more weight on the "analytical positive" as if it passed some higher threshold is either misunderstanding or "spin."

>Lance Armstrong will be allowed to race after a legitimate suspension that may actually be long enough to keep him from being a real factor an competitions.

I'll bet money that Lance never again races WTC.

I admit this is my hope, more than insider knowledge, but I like to think that WTC is more concerned about long-term integrity than a possible short-term paycheck.

Re: A Question Only [trail] [ In reply to ]

FTR, the IOC is next on the list and is looking at whether Lance should be stripped of his bronze medal in the Sydney TT.

Fabian:

"Today riders are again paying the price for what went wrong six or seven years ago. That's not fair. Lance has ensured that the early years of my career were wasted years. I hope that this time is finally behind us. It will not happen immediately, it takes time but it should happen.”
The Swiss rider continued by saying that he was hopeful the times were changing for the better. "Now I understand how US Postal was able to put eight or nine riders in the front on a mountain stage and drop all the others. In the 'golden years' it was all very simple, it was 'training and loading, training and loading. 'Loading', that's the term the riders use when they talk about doping. Nowadays, we work differently, more professionally, with more attention to detail. That's the cycling I believe in, not 'training and loading'. It's changed."

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev

Re: A Question Only [camaleon] [ In reply to ]

I wish I could believe him...

camaleon wrote:
Fabian:

"Today riders are again paying the price for what went wrong six or seven years ago. That's not fair. Lance has ensured that the early years of my career were wasted years. I hope that this time is finally behind us. It will not happen immediately, it takes time but it should happen.”
The Swiss rider continued by saying that he was hopeful the times were changing for the better. "Now I understand how US Postal was able to put eight or nine riders in the front on a mountain stage and drop all the others. In the 'golden years' it was all very simple, it was 'training and loading, training and loading. 'Loading', that's the term the riders use when they talk about doping. Nowadays, we work differently, more professionally, with more attention to detail. That's the cycling I believe in, not 'training and loading'. It's changed."

Francois wrote:

ditto

Francois wrote:

me too but to say something like that u better no have any skeletons in the closet...

I would like LA saying EVERYTHING about everybody... that will PRICELESS!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev

he's saying that the Posties took all the best dope and that's not fair.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]

As far as Clenbutrador riding for Bruyneel, wonder if more will come out with Levi losing his results for 2007 and Alberto, or from DZ saying he doped in CSC. Is it just a matter of time till those federations chime in with this

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [Kenney] [ In reply to ]

Kenney wrote:
As far as Clenbutrador riding for Bruyneel, wonder if more will come out with Levi losing his results for 2007 and Alberto, or from DZ saying he doped in CSC. Is it just a matter of time till those federations chime in with this

I would imagine that UCI/team HQ's/sponsors are all scrambling a bit right now.

I forget where I read it, but I keep thinking of a quote "If I cannot trust all, I must suspect all..."

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |

camaleon wrote:
Fabian:

How can someone who is so immersed in cycling say only now does he understand how US postal was so good? The existence of doping has long been known to most who follow sport, so this statement comes off as disingenuous. I suppose the only explanation is that he didn't realise that almost everyone on USP was doping, but still.

Re: A Question Only [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]

The Guardian wrote:
camaleon wrote:
Fabian:

How can someone who is so immersed in cycling say only now does he understand how US postal was so good? The existence of doping has long been known to most who follow sport, so this statement comes off as disingenuous. I suppose the only explanation is that he didn't realise that almost everyone on USP was doping, but still.

x2

perhaps he didn't know that their program was so sophisticated?

Bman925 wrote:

This all means too much for the WTC to leave behind. The publicity and participation numbers will go through the roof. If the above recommendations are put into place, no one will be able to say that WTC is giving in to LA or any one else. For an independent company, I think that this is a win/win for themselves.

JMHO $0.02 as a humble peon.

Brian

Call me naive, but I think this last blow will cause the interest in seeing Lance in a triathlon drop significantly. If any race director allows him in, it can only hurt the image of triathlon - a sport that is still trying to garner more market share from the public.

Francois wrote:

Have you read Hamiliton's book? You wouldn't if you belivetyler.

Suffer Well.

Re: A Question Only [AJHull] [ In reply to ]

I think if races drop sanctioning to get Lance into them, it continues to cement the notion that triathlon is all about participation. The more races that allow Lance to race, the more mudding of the waters we will get and the less "legit" we become.

That's why I thought it was so interesting Rev3's take on letting Lance race in their race this past weekend. The negative image of having a doper "race" wasnt even a thought to them, they just wanted to raise more money/racers for their cause (not saying that that is bad...just kinda puts it into the prospective of why a race will do it).

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com

Re: Why no suspend baseball players for life? [AaronT] [ In reply to ]

AaronT wrote:
post 1000!

Just because you say that and the moderator has put it into your post does not convince me that you had post 1000. There are all kind of uncertainties associated with your conclusion. Some people deleted posts. There are duplicate posts. Did you take that into account? Was each page of posts initialed by the moderator? Have you reviewed the algorithm that counts the number of posts? Has the post counting program ever taken and passed any counting tests? Before I believe that you had post 1000, I need hard scientific proof. Show me the test result. I've read not all of the posts and can't find it anywhere.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev

Re: Why no suspend baseball players for life? [departed] [ In reply to ]

departed wrote:
AaronT wrote:
post 1000!

Just because you say that and the moderator has put it into your post does not convince me that you had post 1000. There are all kind of uncertainties associated with your conclusion. Some people deleted posts. There are duplicate posts. Did you take that into account? Was each page of posts initialed by the moderator? Have you reviewed the algorithm that counts the number of posts? Has the post counting program ever taken and passed any counting tests? Before I believe that you had post 1000, I need hard scientific proof. Show me the test result. I've read not all of the posts and can't find it anywhere.

I'm calling Travis Tygart right now. We'll find out.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.

Re: A Question Only [Devlin] [ In reply to ]

"I'm obviously obtuse this morning, missed it completely."

Same here...

Re: A Question Only [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]

"ditto"

ditto^2

Bman925 wrote:
The main difference here is that WTC is not a governing body. It is a company that elected to use the USADA to assist in doping controls. People have shown that USADA has not done a very good job of this for WTC. Following a review of the information provided by USADA and a serious conversation with their attorneys, my belief is this:

WTC will fire the USADA in their role as doping authority inasmuch as they have admitted as part of the Armstrong case they cannot provide an analytical positive. WTC will do its best to put together a legitimate anti-doping procedure using independent experts and reliable laboratories.

Brian

There's a simple answer to this: It won't happen. Why? Because WTC is a WADA signatory, which you missed in all this. They're not going to pull out of that. They cant fire USADA, as USADA falls under WADA. USADA also didn't admit they can't provide an analytical positive; Most of the samples during armstrongs time were administered by UCI; which armstrong wouldnt give USADA access to. If they did, and with the new EPO tests, it's almost a lock that he'd test positive if the samples from the tours were available for retesting by USADA.

Lance is done racing except his own series and the occasional unsanctioned race.

Re: A Question Only [jmh] [ In reply to ]

"In the 'golden years' it was all very simple, it was 'training and loading, training and loading. 'Loading', that's the term the riders use when they talk about doping. Nowadays, we work differently, more professionally, with more attention to detail. That's the cycling I believe in, not 'training and loading'. It's changed."

Why are you so upset?

All he is saying is that nowadays there are more subtle ways to incorporate "loading" into training.

Prev Next