Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

UFC- PAUL FELDER RACE or not?
Quote | Reply
Any other MMA fans figure out which race Paul Felder was getting ready for?

If he knocks our RDA, can he make the turn back to whatever race? OR was he doing IMAZ and this is a good make-up for losing that one?

Thanks for the research help.

Let's hope this goes better than his short notice vs Perry.

later,
billy
Endurance Athlete and Coach
Naval Academy Triathlon Coach (USNA '00 and USMC)
billythekidtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: UFC- PAUL FELDER RACE or not? [Billy the Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He mentioned Lionel Sanders on a broadcast a few months back so I’m betting it’s an Ironman distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“It's not 100 percent ideal [to take the fight at short notice] but I'm looking at the positives, right. Because, this close to the fight, I can't sit and and nag myself about what I didn't have. I can think about 'what do you have coming into this fight?' And what I do have is [that] I was in really good shape and I was training really hard. I had a triathlon race that I'm still scheduled [to participate in] for in March. I hired a coach for it and everything. My man, David, my guy, Lionel Sanders, who is a pro triathlete. These guys were setting out whole game plans, training peaks. I mean, I had a website, apps, a month swift racing on there and doing all this kind of stuff. So I mean, I'm biking you know 25 to 50 miles a day. I'm swimming over a mile a day. I'm doing you know anywhere from six to 10 mile runs two to three times a week. I was eating very, very good.”
Quote Reply
Re: UFC- PAUL FELDER RACE or not? [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
March- gotcha!

Thanks. I had not dove into the interviews this week enough. Good to see there are folks on here with as much MMA interest as tri-geek stuff.

later,
billy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billy the Kid wrote:
March- gotcha!

Thanks. I had not dove into the interviews this week enough. Good to see there are folks on here with as much MMA interest as tri-geek stuff.

Only two sports I watch and follow!
Quote Reply
Re: UFC- PAUL FELDER RACE or not? [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul and Lionel are going to do a training day. One Day paul does Lionels workouts and one day lionel does pauls. Lionel is going to put every pad on and go in the ring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well he's fighting now...so that's on hold.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently it was Challenge Daytona.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: UFC- PAUL FELDER RACE or not? [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Paul and Lionel are going to do a training day. One Day paul does Lionels workouts and one day lionel does pauls. Lionel is going to put every pad on and go in the ring.

Felder- RDA went about as expected. I hope Felder sticks with some multi-sport for his conditioning and it would be cool to see a guy with his mental fortitude tackle a half or a full ironman.

As a UFC fan and a triathlete, I have zero interest in seeing the mockery that would come of Lionel trying to hit pads or roll. Collaborations like these are silly. I think I saw some Xfit athletes collab' some MMA folks. At least those athletes have some strength, but it was silly from the get-go.

This has to be a joke. I am guessing so; since it is written like an elementary school kid or Nigerian prince, and mma is done in a cage.

later,
billy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talk about a Debbie downer...

Paul and Lionel have become really good friends over this last two months texting and talking on the phone with each other all the time. I don’t think they really care about your opinion Paul wants to do a triathlon an asked Lionel if he would go to challenge Miami with him. Lionel has been giving Paul tons of endurance advice as Paul has started to enjoy endurance training.
Quote Reply
Re: UFC- PAUL FELDER RACE or not? [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I like the idea of Paul doing a triathlon. The Diaz brothers have gotten it done at even AG Nationals but with little fanfare.

Again, vice versa, ugly and potentially embarrassing- mma fans are a bit unforgiving.

later,
billy
Quote Reply