Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

UCI v. ITU
Quote | Reply
For the blazers out there, can a bike be ITU legal but not UCI legal? And following on from that, are bikes that are ridden in the Olympics, Commonwealths etc bound by ITU or UCI rules?

Thanks.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI v. ITU [GBJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you look at these already?

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...chctr/bikerules.html
Quote Reply
Re: UCI v. ITU [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers. Hadn't seen that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on which discipline you are talking about.

A UCI compliant mass start bike will be ITU compliant, but the inverse is not necessarily true (ie aerobars not allowed for UCI mass start races)

An ITU bike will be UCI timed event compliant, but the inverse is not necessarily true (drop handlebars, bridged aerobars required for ITU)

ITU and UCI have the same rules for frame and fork design.

Bikes ridden in Olympic Games, Commonwealths, etc will be bound by the rules of the IOC recognized international governing body of the event. ie ITU rules for triathlon, UCI rules for cycling.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: UCI v. ITU [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you too, sir.

Quote Reply