Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tyler -- your new reference for guts
Quote | Reply
90 mile+ solo break; just a godlike performance. Even continuing/finishing this Tour was inconceivable... but this is the stuff of legend.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler -- your new reference for guts [alpdhuez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! What a ride! I am sure glad that he didn't quit when he was down a few weeks ago. I hope he can nail the time trial. He could finish 3rd! I hope he does! Class Act!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's been quite a Tour for Gerard and the CSC team. Congrats to Tyler, Gerard and the whole team. I hope Tyler does well in the time trial Saturday. I'd very much like to see him move into a podium spot.

RP
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler -- your new reference for guts [rhpreston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To get on the podium, Tyler would have to put 3:51 into Vinokourov. Somehow, I don't think that will happen. So whilst a podium spot is out of reach, 4th is definitely possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler -- your new reference for guts [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even 4th might be a stretch -- Zubeldia actually nipped Tyler in the opening TT, and Hamilton clearly dug deep today into any reserves his damaged body had left. Let's just savor today.s amazing escapade for what it was -- he's already massively overachieved given the circumstances he's in...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tyler 'should' put 1'10" into Mayo without problem. I'm kind of hoping that he can pull out a rabbit and get Zubeldia as well. He's got 2 days to recover a bit, so its possible. Also, Hamilton's shoulder is probably going to affect him less now than in the first TT.

I'm also hoping for Ullrich to put exactly 1'07" into lance on the TT. Won't that leave a fun day on the Champs Elysses, with Lance and Jan mixing it with the sprinters for the time bonuses or a last minute breakaway.

Wishful thinking probably. Anyhow, this is the best tour in, well, ever.

Anyone notice that Euskatel was isolated in the chase for a very long time. Of course, Bianchi had no reason to chase, and you know that USPS wasn't going to do anything. Telekom didn't chase until Hamilton had a 5 minute plus lead and was threatening Vino's podium spot? Wonder if Bjarne called in a favour or 2 with his old employer, since it was definitely in Zabel's interest to win the stage rather than come in second.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'm also hoping for Ullrich to put exactly 1'07" into lance on the TT. Won't that leave a fun day on the Champs Elysses, with Lance and Jan mixing it with the sprinters for the time bonuses or a last minute breakaway"

this is seriously pervert! but I love that idea!!!

would be interesting...Lance is a better sprinter, but Erik Zabel could launch jan...
Quote Reply
Re: Tyler -- your new reference for guts [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tyler made a gutsy move and he is the man, who knows what can happen.

Francois that would probably give a lot of people cardiac problems but boy it would be great. Just think if tyler would be fighting for 3 all at the same time. My blood pressure just elevated thinking about all of this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You think next time they will think twice about attacking the yellow jersey when he is down or nipping Jan in the sprint like they did. How did Lance say it the other day "...what comes around...goes around..." I think there was a clear reason why Lance and Jan were not going to attempt to pull in Tyler.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And now, even a little pub in Sports Illustrated!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/.../news/2003/07/22/sc/
Quote Reply