Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tufo tires
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any experience with Tufo's Elite Jet tires? I am building up a TT bike and I need a set of racing only tubulars. There is a little info on Tufo's website, but I can't find any reviews anywhere. They look great, but most things do on paper! I am also looking at Vittoria and Conti. Any insight or suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo tires [John3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got Tufo Elite Jet's on my Zipps with 1100 miles on them. Their durability and performance have been unrivaled. They are much smoother than a Conti and I've got lots more miles one them and surely Vittorias would have worn out by now, or punctured. Well worth their $90 price tag, I'm a huge fan of their Elite Road's and Elite 'Cross tires as well. Buy a tube of their sealant when you pick up the tires, it can be a life saver.

Enjoy,
Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo tires [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about their cheep tires?? Do they last and are they nice and round??
I would like to build some nice training wheels and use Tufo tubulars on them.What are your thoughts??
Thanks Dirt

Slowtwitch bitchist place on planet earth
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo tires [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simple question, how do you use their sealant? Do you put it in the tire before you attach it to the wheel? I presume the first time you pump the tire up the stuff won't come out but what next? Do you have to be real careful not to let any air out of the tire 'cos the sealant will then block the valve...
Thanks,
SteveMc
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo tires [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put the sealant in after installation. Use of the Tufo extenders will help you maintain the valve. I tried the extender that does not move the valve outside the rim, not recommended, the sealant does seal the seat on the valve and you will have to use something small to unseat the valve every time you inflate the tire. To keep the sealant inside the tire while inflating, position the valve @ 8:00, not at the bottom. I put a tee and a valve on my pump(to release pressure) so I can instantly seat the valve at a high pressure. 2000 mi. no flats!

Remember to inspect your tires and remove embedded items before each ride.

If you use Tufos, last years race tires can be this year training tires.

The last two years I've rode Jet Specials this year I'm trying the S3 Lites. I currently train on the tubular clinchers which are difficult to mount but once they are on they stay on.
Quote Reply