Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tufo Jet Tubular CLincher
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have any experience with these tires? I need to get new clinchers for my trainers, and i have Tufo Tubulars on my race wheels. Just wondering if they are as nice.

Thanks,
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo Jet Tubular CLincher [trimark0769] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understand what a tubular tire or clincher tire is. But what is a tubular clincher?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use them on my trainers - they are great. One flat in eight months of service and that was after running over a very big chunk of glass that stuck in the tire for a few revolutions. Squirted the Tufo sealant go in the tire and was back on the road in no time. Make sure you stretch them before you put them on.

There was a post on the board a while back - someone had a problem with them slipping. They work fine for me, though.

John
Last edited by: JohnA: Aug 18, 03 17:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been riding the S22 for quite some time now. Bombproof, as far as I can tell. Best $22 I've ever spent: they ride very nicely at high pressure, and they roll well.

Last weekend, I was poking at other Tufos while at TriZone. As far as I can tell, the clincher-tubulars *are* the tubulars, but with the little hook thingy underneath. So I got myself a Jet Pro, just to see how much better it is than the S22. Not ridden yet, but the tire is more flexible.

Dre'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ride is decent. Take 170 psi, so you can pump them hard as a rock. They wear like iron. Very durable.
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo Jet Tubular CLincher [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out http://www.tufonorthamerica.com/ for more info on the tires.

Here's an image of a tufo tubular clincher;

Basically a lot of the benefits of a tubular, without having to buy new wheels (or rims and building wheels). There's a few bad sides as well, as you can't rip them open and repair them like regular tubulars, but the sealent has been reported to work fairly well.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo Jet Tubular CLincher [Ajay213] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo Jet Tubular CLincher [Dr. Dre'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How easy are they to remove/install? Seems like they would be easier (and quicker) to change if one ever got a flat during a race. I'm thinking of picking up one or two as spares for races.

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo Jet Tubular CLincher [E-Z] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once they are stretched, they go on and off pretty easily. Carrying a spare is not as simple as a straight tubular - the rubber that makes it a tubular clincher also makes it more difficult to fold. I use these for training only or short races, never bother bringing a spare, just the sealant. I figure if the sealant won't fix it, I can call and get a ride. I specifically use the CS-33 Special tires.
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo Jet Tubular CLincher [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh Yeah... I forgot all about having to fold the tire to carry it as a spare.

Thanks,

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Quote Reply