Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tubular tire selection
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a set of Zipp 909 plus a 404 rear (for those windy days). All are tublulars. I have no idea what kind or brand to buy. I will be using them for races and the odd training day just to get feel of wheels. I am looking for something reaonably light, fairly puncture resistant, and not to $$$$$$.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular tire selection [Eric L] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tufo's should fit the bill on all accounts. Use the puncture sealant right away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
20/22 mm conti competitions are the way to go, get a narrow 20mm for the front
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never used Tufo but lots of people like them I prefer ether conti reasonably lite weigh, not to prone to punctures ok price, role well and grip well or Veloflex awsome Handmade tubs at at good price unlike other "Italian companys" there products are made in Italy rather than some eastern sweetshop quality is awsome there website even tells you what to expect for durabilty in terms of KM.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular tire selection [marko16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a tip on the Tufo sealant - remove the valve core before squirting it in - otherwise it will get all over the place.

They are great tires. I train on the Special's and will be racing on the Elites.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Tufos, they are VERY round, they install straight, they've got LOTS of different models to suit your needs.

Continentals are also light and durable, but more difficult to install straight and 99% of the time have a lump at the valve stem.

I'd suggest the Elite Jet 20mm tires for your racing wheels, if the roads are less that perfect, the Hi Composite Carbon 22mm are also nice. I use the 22mm tubs on my TT wheels that also see time on a wooden track. They have incredible adhesion and can handle 170 psi (way to much for the road) and with 2100km still look good.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular tire selection [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try Zipps new (old) tires......I used them a few years back and they where VERY well madeI am going to try them again.....Conti's...for me have always had flatting problems....especially at the valve core.

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric - send me your email, I may be able to help you out

jon_stuart_hm@yahoo.com

Jon
Quote Reply