Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tubular tire on a disc
Quote | Reply
What kind of race flat fix/kit is available for a tubular tire on a disc? I have Pit Stop for my front tubular, but I don't think I can use that for the disc wheel due to needing the crack pipe to inflate the disc. Am I just going to have to play roulette and hope my tubular disc doesn't flat?
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular tire on a disc [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cestmoi wrote:
What kind of race flat fix/kit is available for a tubular tire on a disc? I have Pit Stop for my front tubular, but I don't think I can use that for the disc wheel due to needing the crack pipe to inflate the disc. Am I just going to have to play roulette and hope my tubular disc doesn't flat?

Put sealant in and carry a lightweight spare. I use a Vittoria Corsa speed as my spare - 220gms, some people use track tubs, like Tufo, which weigh about 130gms, almost half the weight as a can of pitstop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Caffe Latex is a similar product of emergency sealant but it dispenses from a flexible plastic tube; that’s what I use

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular tire on a disc [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
cestmoi wrote:

Put sealant in and carry a lightweight spare. I use a Vittoria Corsa speed as my spare - 220gms, some people use track tubs, like Tufo, which weigh about 130gms, almost half the weight as a can of pitstop.

Thanks. the other bad thing about this is getting a flat tubular off. I just replaced my old one and getting the old tire off was HELL. Any tips on this as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular tire on a disc [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iank wrote:
Caffe Latex is a similar product of emergency sealant but it dispenses from a flexible plastic tube; that’s what I use

Ah yes - I forgot about this solution. Thanks. Have you ever used this? Does it work well?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cestmoi wrote:
zedzded wrote:
cestmoi wrote:

Thanks. the other bad thing about this is getting a flat tubular off. I just replaced my old one and getting the old tire off was HELL. Any tips on this as well?

I changed my tub in 46s, I'll show you then video when I can find it. I was using tape though. I'm now using glue, but carry a razor blade. I wouldn't expect it take longer than 2 mins in a race with a glued tub.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
cestmoi wrote:
zedzded wrote:
cestmoi wrote:

I changed my tub in 46s, I'll show you then video when I can find it. I was using tape though. I'm now using glue, but carry a razor blade. I wouldn't expect it take longer than 2 mins in a race with a glued tub.

Cool - would appreciate a link to your video, THANKS!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cestmoi wrote:
[

Cool - would appreciate a link to your video, THANKS!

I'm just fucking around in the video, I'd probably take more time and attention if in a race, making sure the tyre was seated right etc

Last edited by: zedzded: Oct 17, 18 19:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the get up your in! Do you find the Ugg boots have poor aero properties?
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular tire on a disc [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
I love the get up your in! Do you find the Ugg boots have poor aero properties?

ha ha yeah it was winter and I'd just finished swim training, freezing my ass off! ugg boots + beanie are the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a couple of similar questions. I am looking to run a tub disc on the back in an upcoming 70.3 race. my front wheel will be a clincher (either tubeless or normal).

Are there any disadvantages or pitfalls of running a tub and a clincher?

Quote Reply
Re: Tubular tire on a disc [Robijo11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Robijo11 wrote:
I have a couple of similar questions. I am looking to run a tub disc on the back in an upcoming 70.3 race. my front wheel will be a clincher (either tubeless or normal).

Are there any disadvantages or pitfalls of running a tub and a clincher?

Not really other than carrying spares i.e tub and tube. But as I said get a track tub, they weigh next to nothing and fold up small.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the only disadvantage is carrying double spares?
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular tire on a disc [Robijo11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Robijo11 wrote:
So the only disadvantage is carrying double spares?

Yeah more or less. I suppose there could be some issue with different tyre pressure or whatever, but probably insignificant.
Quote Reply