Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tubless Performance
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about switching to tubless tires-- specifically Schwable tubless on Enve 7.8s. My LBS is trying to sell me on it and would be installing them (which I understand can be a hassle). My question is how do they perform relative to clinchers. I'm mainly looking to do it to avoid a flat during a race. But am I sacrificing speed to do so? I've heard some say they are actually faster because they are larger and more supple.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubless Performance [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just posted on a thread titled Tubeless equivalent to Conti GP with some links to a early 2017 review of tires and the Schwalbe came out on top.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put them on my 7.8. Was not easy as a tubeless newbie. I’d hang with the lbs and watch them do it to get the hang of it. I was able to get one mounted on the first try, then second was a huge pain in the ass as one part just would not snap into place. I have yet to ride with them...this weekend!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been riding tubeless since tubeless bicycle wheels and tires came out quite a few years ago now. I've tried a lot of the different tubeless tire offerings out there but I keep coming back to IRC tires. Currently, I'm quite fond of the IRC RRBC tires. They're lasting well, seem reasonably durable and also seem fast. I've tried earlier versions of the Schwalbe tires and felt that, despite their reported rolling resistance numbers, they always seemed heavy and slow compared to my IRCs. I have a new set of wheels on order and they're coming pre-mounted with the new Schwalbe Pro Ones. I'll be anxious to see if they convert me.

Stay aero my friends.
Quote Reply