Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trying to go tubeless- I need some help.
Quote | Reply
I am trying to go tubeless on my Hed jet 90 c2 rims. I am using my air compressor set to 150 PSI and I cant pop them on the bead. I tried to lube them up but it did not help. I am using Vittoria Corsa Speed tires.
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to go tubeless- I need some help. [Keith-OH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keith-OH wrote:
I am trying to go tubeless on my Hed jet 90 c2 rims. I am using my air compressor set to 150 PSI and I cant pop them on the bead. I tried to lube them up but it did not help. I am using Vittoria Corsa Speed tires.

It can be difficult to seat the bead on non-tubeless-ready rims. Soap/lube, slick, thin rim tape, and shit-ton of air volume. And make sure the rim tape is already really well seated by having been inflated to an ungodly pressure with a tube.

Personally I think it's just not worth the extra hassle with non-TLR rims. Just throw a latex tube in there and call it good. Or "upgrade" to Jet+ rims.
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to go tubeless- I need some help. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I replaced the rim tape with some very thin rim tape. The tire popped right on. Thanks. But when inflating the tire the valve pops out of the hole in the rim. The hole in the rim is way to big for the tubeless valve. I thought about using an old tube and cutting a hole in it to thicken up the rubber seal. But I ended up adding latex tubes instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to go tubeless- I need some help. [Keith-OH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of stem are you using? I've had good luck with American Classic valve stems personally. Not sure they make something that fits a 90... so you'd have to add an extension.
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to go tubeless- I need some help. [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
What kind of stem are you using? I've had good luck with American Classic valve stems personally. Not sure they make something that fits a 90... so you'd have to add an extension.

Silca, I got it to work but had to make a custom rubber piece so the valve would not slide through the rim. I just hope it holds for today's TT.
Quote Reply