Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trisuit vs Speedsuit at Canadian Nationals?
Quote | Reply
Apple Triathlon is the Canadian National Championships for next 2 years.
I am racing the Olympic Distance Triathlon and it is likely a non wetsuit legal swim in Lake Okanagan ie. >22C (71F)
Race rules (ITU?) states that if you wear a swimskin in the swim, you cannot take it off in T1 (which I had never heard before bc in Ironman branded races I've done you can take it off).

As I am an average adult onset swimmer (26:30 1.5k wetsuit pb), to reduce drag I would rather wear my Blue Seventy PZ3TX Swim Skin only instead of my One Piece Trisuit.

I have a very strong bike and run (5th in 45-49 at 2017 ITU World Duathlon Standard distance).

I have worn both suits in the pool each with a 5 x 100m time trial test and found:
Trisuit 1:40/100m
Swimskin 1:36/100m

Those 4 seconds = 1 minute faster with Swimskin over 1500m

The Swimskin is much tighter than the Trisuit and I would think would even be more aero on the bike.
The only issue is no chamois in the Swimskin.
I did try the Swimskin in a Sprint race last weekend and it worked fine on the bike and run (actually had 3rd fastest bike overall, 12th overall and won age group).

My goal at Nationals is to win my 45-49 age group again (last 2 years, I have finished 1st (no swim that year) and 2nd (wetsuit swim))

Bottom line, any issues with wearing the Swinskin for the Olympic distance Nationals?

Thanks for any helpful advice!
Last edited by: triwarrior: Aug 5, 18 20:22
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit vs Speedsuit at Canadian Nationals? [triwarrior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triwarrior wrote:
Apple Triathlon is the Canadian National Championships for next 2 years.
I am racing the Olympic Distance Triathlon and it is likely a non wetsuit legal swim in Lake Okanagan ie. >22C (71F)
Race rules (ITU?) states that if you wear a swimskin in the swim, you cannot take it off in T1 (which I had never heard before bc in Ironman branded races I've done you can take it off).

As I am an average adult onset swimmer (26:30 1.5k wetsuit pb), to reduce drag I would rather wear my Blue Seventy PZ3TX Swim Skin only instead of my One Piece Trisuit.

I have a very strong bike and run (5th in 45-49 at 2017 ITU World Duathlon Standard distance).

I have worn both suits in the pool each with a 5 x 100m time trial test and found:
Trisuit 1:40/100m
Swimskin 1:36/100m

Those 4 seconds = 1 minute faster with Swimskin over 1500m

The Swimskin is much tighter than the Trisuit and I would think would even be more aero on the bike.
The only issue is no chamois in the Swimskin.
I did try the Swimskin in a Sprint race last weekend and it worked fine on the bike and run (actually had 3rd fastest bike overall, 12th overall and won age group).

My goal at Nationals is to win my 45-49 age group again (last 2 years, I have finished 1st (no swim that year) and 2nd (wetsuit swim))

Bottom line, any issues with wearing the Swinskin for the Olympic distance Nationals?

Thanks for any helpful advice!

Speedsuit and swimskin are different?

Most swinskins I know of you can't run in. I think Kawami make one you can run in.
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit vs Speedsuit at Canadian Nationals? [triwarrior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont think there are any issues with wearing the swim skin as long as it's comfortable for you and you don't mind having to wear it the entire race.
Personally I wouldn't wear mine for a standard as it's too tight to run in. Fwiw.. I'm chasing after the overall win at the Apple and I'll be wearing this suit: https://garneau.com/...gneer-triathlon-suit
I've had 2 non-wetsuit swims this year and have found it works well for me.

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Trisuit vs Speedsuit at Canadian Nationals? [rj_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use their M2 for non wetsuit races and really like it
Quote Reply