Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by cstoulil
Re: Tririg customer support [cstoulil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cstoulil wrote:
Has anyone else had problem with Tririg customer support.

I have tried contacting them 4 times over the last 2 months, with two of those times being in the last 10 days to no avail.

Now I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe there was a glitch, who knows, the contact form said it went through, but I never got a reply.

That being said I will add that I ordered a Tririg Omega about 3 pm and had it two days later, so great customer support from that end.

The question I was asking them was in relation to the frame compatibility they have listed on the website. My particular frame said it was not compatible. I was simply asking if this was true for sure, valid across all frame sizes, and if any mods could be done to make it work. I saw the mods I think it was an S5 of R5 or whatever it was where minor grinding and it fit on that frame, so I was asking if it was something that minor if I could mod it to make it work. I understood the possibility of that voiding the warranty etc etc.

I also compared pictures of the P2 they have on the site with the rear brake and judging by my frame that also made me wonder how it worked on a P2 but not my frame.

Long story short, in the four times I contacted them about this, along with a question about the Sigma I never got an answer. I went ahead and ordered one Omega brake thinking I would just test it on the rear to find out why they say it is not compatible. Low and behold when I received the brake it mounted on the rear just fine. No problems with clearance on the cable stop, or the brake arms.

Just to be fair the compatibility chart the have is not necessarily wrong, I tried the brake on the exact same frame, only a 50cm and it does not work. It could with a spacer, but out of the box, no.

So, long story short, I will probably order another Omega in the future for the rear, but now I have to pay double shipping. Had they answered my question or called me to talk about it, they would have already made 2x the money, and saved me $8 at the same time in shipping. No big deal, it's just $8, but I would have rather got better service. They have yet to answer my Sigma question so I guess they will just be out that sale.

Now I know the sale of one Omega brake and one Sigma stem isn't going to kill them, but added up over time, who knows?

That and the fact the compatibility chart isn't 100% accurate may lose them some sales as well from other people who wanted it for the same frame.

Now I did notice the part on the contact form that said if questions were already covered in the FAQ they would not reply, but I thought both questions were fair.

Sorry to get off on this rant, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

The other small company I took a "chance" on answers my silly questions all the time, even calling me to make sure everything is good. Thought I'd get the same from TR.

Don't get me wrong the brake looks awesome and I like the design, just a little missing in customer service I feel.

There are some other threads on here about this, unless for some reason they got pulled.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're emails to them are as long and rambling as your post I don't blame them for not answering. Hell you went on for 8 more sentences/paragraphs AFTER saying you were making a long story short.

p.s. I've bought their products but never had a reason to contact them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble! We never received any contact emails from you -- perhaps something went wrong with your submissions. We generally respond to every customer service query within 2 business days. We do get LOTS of questions, but we generally answer all of them, so again, sorry yours slipped through the cracks somehow! I just rechecked, and nothing from you came in, even to our spam folder, other than your brake order from Monday (which we shipped same-day).

Please go ahead and ask your question here - since email doesn't seem to be working right between your server and ours!

Regarding brake compatibility, yeah sometimes we're a little conservative on saying what works/doesn't. For the adventurous DIY folks like yourself, you generally figure out when we're being conservative, and are willing to take the challenge on yourself. But for folks who want 100% compatibility out of the box, we simply say "not compatible." You're right that we can do a better job of explaining that, and in fact we're working on a big effort right now to reformat the store to make all the various product information more accessible.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg customer support [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you should put an email address on your site in addition to the contact form. When you use a contact form, not only are you breaking everyones normal workflow, you're also saying "trust me, this'll work", so when it doesn't its all on you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick check your junk folder :0)

Re: Tririg customer support [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth - I bought an Omega SV front brake for my Shiv this week. I did the install yesterday and had a minor problem with one of the parts. An email to support was quickly answered and they are shipping a replacement part out immediately to address the issue. I wasn't expecting a response over the weekend, so I thought this was pretty impressive support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am having a similar problem getting ahold of Tririg about alpha One Aerobars that have never showed up and were supposed to be delivered 09 April. I have written them two emails and nothing heard back. They said give them 2 business days but zero feedback. This sort of thing loses me as a customer fast, especially at the price point for this product.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg customer support [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've sent emails to Tririg several times in the past and always received replies on time.
Good or bad emails, they WILL reply.
Quote Reply