Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tririg brake
Quote | Reply
I have p2 with omega classic break . Bolts that hold on faceplate, one is stripped and couple other things going on with brake. Has anyone upgraded to omega x and can say if it has more braking power. Any other options out there for aero braking
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg brake [dl1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have OmegaX TriRig, i had it upgraded when i had my P2, then i upgraded to P3, and transferred the omega X to P3 also. I am really liking it, and it is more sturdy product, although the cap is a little shaky, i have not had an issue with it. Also the structural brake base itself, i feel much better than my regular brake at the rear, that i can say it has better grip of the rim, with higher breaking power.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't speak to the difference between the older version and newer of the Omegas... but I built up an aero road bike this year and used the newer Tririg Omega brakes on both front and rear. I really didn't like the under the bottom bracket brake the used frame I bought came with, and the omega in that position has been a huge improvement. I've had zero issues on that bike with the brakes. They just work and have more than enough travel and stopping power. I liked them so much that I bought another pair for my tri bike and have been equally happy with those as well. I've only had them on both bikes since the beginning of the year, but have had zero issues since install on both bikes and am very pleased. If installed properly there is no reason these brakes will lack stopping power.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dl1340 wrote:
I have p2 with omega classic break . Bolts that hold on faceplate, one is stripped and couple other things going on with brake. Has anyone upgraded to omega x and can say if it has more braking power. Any other options out there for aero braking

I have various generations mixed in on a P2 & Road Bike. I can't really tell the difference. But to answer your question, contact Nick & he'll send you the replacement parts (arms, hangers, whatever) you need. That might be the most cost-effective solution for you.

There are other options such as Vision Trimax, EE, Magura, Simkins (no longer in production), Simano AX (vintage), Tektro/Campy, TRP Delta, etc depending on what you're looking for.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are other options but no viable options. The TriRig Omega X is truly an incredible brake. Blows all other aero cable brakes out of the water!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also can't compare with the Omega classic, but I recently upgraded the front brake on my P2 from 105 to Omega X, and I have been very happy with the braking power. It feels like much less lever travel is needed, even with the pads starting further from the rim.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg brake [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a good brake, I had 2 omega X on an IA10 and they worked well. I moved them over and put the same brakes on a PR6 and they were terrible, especially in the rear where I had to go no cable hanger and use a cable stop that came with the bike. I replaced it with DA 9110 direct mount and the 9110 is fantastic. I then decide to try the 9110 on the front too and in terms of actual braking and lever feel the 9110s I find superior. The brake lever action with the Omega X on the front is pretty stiff and clicky in my case, even after greasing the rollers a bit, whereas the 9110 is super smooth and you barely need to touch the lever to get massive stopping power.

For comparison I did have the Omega SV on a Kestrel 4000 before the IA and that brake was very good. To the OP I dont think there is any difference in actual feel and performance between the SV and X though, just better design and universal mounting.

I may switch back to the Omega X on the front of the PR6 at some point just because I appreciate the aeroness and clean routing of the cable it allows for, but I do prefer the actual feel of the Shimano dual pivot direct mount brakes, both ultegra and DA.
Last edited by: TPerkin2000: Jun 21, 19 11:29
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg brake [TPerkin2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TPerkin2000 wrote:
Its a good brake, I had 2 omega X on an IA10 and they worked well. I moved them over and put the same brakes on a PR6 and they were terrible.
Sounds like something may have been wrong. First of all, the performance shouldn't change going from one bike to another. Also, we have personally installed them on the PRSix and they work very well front and rear. Finally, for anyone who has any issues with the braking performance (on any bike), feel free to shoot us an email at TriRig support and we will be happy to take care of you. As long as Omega X is installed properly, it should offer excellent performance on any bike.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply