Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tririg Sigma X stem - I need pictures please!
Quote | Reply
Hello ST,

It would help me a lot if you could post pictures of mechanical front ends with Tririg Sigma X stem (not Alpha X, not Sigma XF), bc I cannot find any on the net (how is it possible?! stem is 1 yo now?)... in particular close-up views of the cables entering and leaving the stem.

I am interested in purchasing one to reorganize the cockpit on my 2010 P2. Looking at the "drawings" on Tririg, it looks like it s gonna be difficult/impossible to have the rear brake housing enter the side of the stem and leave through the hole near the steerer tube.

Also, I am not feeling very confident concerning the front brake. I already have Omega X brakes and it must be a super sharp turn in the stem when using the built-in cable stop. It probably works just fine as they are designed to work together but... interested in having feedback from users.

Are segmented housing cables (Nokon, Jagwire elite) recommended, do they help a little?

Do you like this stem?

Many thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Sigma X stem - I need pictures please! [the slow guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using the Sigma X with an Omega X front all season on my P5. The routing is super tight due to the Tulas, but the engagement is instant and just as strong as any of the brakes on my road bikes just using a standard Shimano outers. Can't help you on the rear brake as my pads sit directly on the stem and I'm not using the cover (although I haven't used my rear brake all season so wouldn't worry).
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Sigma X stem - I need pictures please! [the slow guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elsewhere I've seen nick recommend segmented housings for the front brake fwiw.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Sigma X stem - I need pictures please! [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you both.
Grill, if a close-up of your cockpit was posted somewhere (I have seen your P5 on UK forums if I am correct), would you have a link please?

If Sigma X owners feel 'lazy' to take and post pictures, I will be happy to PM my email address so that it can go directly from a smartphone to me...

Thank you again!
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Sigma X stem - I need pictures please! [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill - you've also successfully mated a rear OmegaX on a P5, right? Can you send me pics and a description of how you did that (that is, how awful was it to make it work)?
Quote Reply